Gary Chambers (Louisiana Senate candidate) vs "Don't Vote/Tangibles" gang

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Cmon Bro we are NOT immigrants!

Immigrant implies a voluntary migration. We (ADOS/Freedmen)are not Native to the Americas but we are not immigrants in the classical sense. That's why so many of us get upset when U.S. politicians keep using "this is a Nation of immigrants" talking points, while ignoring the fact that the people whose labor made this country wealthy were not immigrants.
Until there is a more comprehensive term, that's what our ancestors were. I totally agree that we're technically 'not' immigrants. Check this out, though...​
I feel you. I do believe there’s an in between there, we just don’t have the language for it yet.

I was looking up “immigrants” and came across this article…

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Until there is a more comprehensive term, that's what our ancestors were. I totally agree that we're technically 'not' immigrants. Check this out, though...​

edit: Ben Carson was wrong to mix up the two. Folks have been trying to sanitize what happened by calling those enslaved "migrant workers" and other bullshyt like that.

Native Americans, U.S. colonists and their descendants and the Africans brought here in bondage and their descendants are the 3 groups in America who are not immigrants. Everyone else.....

Last edited:

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Gay chambers

giphy.gif

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Hell yes, since we are still their most loyal voting base and they assume they will get nearly 90% of the Black vote every election.

His campaign was grassroots. It was largely ignored because a lot of people's priorities werent in order and too busy nitpicking. This
is an utter slap in the face for the Reparations Movement. The ball was dropped by black voters due to voter apathy and people making pitiful excuses. If Reparations were really desired hard enough, the message and word of mouth would be more than enough.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
edit: Ben Carson was wrong to mix up the two. Folks have been trying to sanitize what happened by calling those enslaved "migrant workers" and other bullshyt like that.

Native Americans, U.S. colonists and their descendants and the Africans brought here in bondage and their descendants are the 3 groups in America who are not immigrants. Everyone else.....
Agree with this, except for US colonists. European Americans are 100% immigrants.

“African Americans”/og Black Americans have to use African as a catch all due to forced separation and what not.

But European Americans either willfully ‘forgot’ the originating country so that they can just claim they are ‘white Americans’ and not Spainard-American, English-American, Walish-American, Etc etc. or can actually trace back where there people came from.

I don’t see the real case for the overwhelming majority of white Americans to not be considered foreign to this land.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Agree with this, except for US colonists. European Americans are 100% immigrants.

“African Americans”/og Black Americans have to use African as a catch all due to forced separation and what not.

But European Americans either willfully ‘forgot’ the originating country so that they can just claim they are ‘white Americans’ and not Spainard-American, English-American, Walish-American, Etc etc. or can actually trace back where there people came from.

I don’t see the real case for the overwhelming majority of white Americans to not be considered foreign to this land.

The European Americans that were here when it was 13 Colonies and then separated from the British are not considered immigrants. They are not indigenous but if they were citizens of the Colonies and then the U.S. they are not immigrants.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I answered what he asked, TF is wrong with you nikkas?

Hell yes the DNC needs to care about "tangibles". Why the fukk wouldn't they if they want Black votes?
You didn't read the question right. He's asking if the DNC is needed for Black folk to care about "tangibles"

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Because of this can we dead this whole no tangible no vote shyt, dude was the perfect example of this and the folks who have that mindset didn't come out or put spotlight on dude.

Those wannabe in massa house having ass negros are up there with the BLM organization

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
This right here secretly killed whatever credibility of the Reparations Movement had in the mainstream :snoop:

That's beyond dropping the ball.
I've always felt most of them were contrarians. They just talk the talk but not actually walking the walk. But that's the issue with most of our people. You can't complain about the system and then don't actively participate in the one thing that can hold the accountable. People died for us to be able to vote and it's hasn't even been 100 yrs and we look at it like a chore or something that doesn't matter.