Gary Chambers (Louisiana Senate candidate) vs "Don't Vote/Tangibles" gang

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
That video was a year+ ago. If he recently said that he supports reparations in the form of cash payments specifically for FBA/ADOS/Black Americans for chattle slavery in the USA, yeah folk in the state of Louisiana dropped the ball :ehh:

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Didn't he say something about the u.s being a nation of immigrants
Considering that only Natives Americans and og Black American are the only non immigrants….he’s right % wise.

Natives and og Black Americans I would assume make up what less than 35% of the population and that’s being probably being extremely generous if you think about the 13% stat that’s always parroted.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
:snoop:

Black people ARE immigrants by force.

Please stop with that nonsense.​
I don’t think it’s nonsense. I would not consider black Haitians in Haiti immigrants. Or black Brazilians in Brazil immigrants.

I don’t think og Black American are in the same category as “Native Americans”, but they are definitely not in same class as all those (Europeans, black islanders, South Americans, etc) who willfully chose to leave to come to this land.

And just to be clear, I don’t think og Black Americans should be disconnected from Africa. But it’s clear, to me, they essentially have two native (for lack of better word) homes.

Just as a black Haitian would inherently still be African and a part of the diaspora.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I don’t think it’s nonsense. I would not consider black Haitians in Haiti immigrants. Or black Brazilians in Brazil immigrants.

I don’t think og Black American are in the same category as “Native Americans”, but they are definitely not in same class as all those (Europeans, black islanders, South Americans, etc) who willfully chose to leave to come to this land.
I get where you're coming from, but the fact is Black people are NOT Native to America. Our ancestors were immigrants by definition.​

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
:francis:

Can we finally put the bed the no tangible no vote excuse. Sounds like pure apathy and ignorance to me.
“Tangibles” is just a great excuse for being lazy. Thats what fuels Tariq types, they give people a nicely packaged reason for sitting on their asses.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I get where you're coming from, but the fact is Black people are NOT Native to America. Our ancestors were immigrants by definition.​
I feel you. I do believe there’s an in between there, we just don’t have the language for it yet.

I was looking up “immigrants” and came across this article…

Carson’s comments generated a firestorm of criticism, which led him to parse his original statements over the course of the day. On a radio program, he initially defended himself by saying, “You can be an involuntary immigrant.” He adopted a generic definition of the term immigrant: “a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.” But, by the evening, he struck a different tone on Facebook: “The slave narrative and immigrant narrative are two entirely different experiences.” He conceded: “The two experiences should never be intertwined, nor forgotten.”

It was precisely that intertwining of these experiences that made his speech disturbing. Retrofitting a generic definition of the term “immigrant” to slavery strips both of their historical meaning. Immigrants are people who move in search of refuge and resettlement of their own volition. During the period of slavery in the United States, newcomers from Europe, Asia and elsewhere were called immigrants. Enslaved Africans were not. Our nation was built upon multiple patterns of migration that were propelled by variant motivations, including flight from religious persecution and the desire to exploit others for economic greed.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
“Tangibles” is just a great excuse for being lazy. Thats what fuels Tariq types, they give people a nicely packaged reason for sitting on their asses.
The wild shyt it is….obviously in some places, voting can be ‘difficult’, but from a general perspective….the shyt is mad is easy in most places, especially if you’re in relatively big city. shyt is a hour out your day and you have a 3-4 week time span in most places to pick which day to commit that hour.

:deadrose:

This shyt ain’t like you serving in community, mentoring kids, or signing up to be a Black Panther or SNCC member 😂

It’s a bare minimum effort task for quite a lot of people.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I feel you. I do believe there’s an in between there, we just don’t have the language for it yet.

I was looking up “immigrants” and came across this article…

This right here....​

“The slave narrative and immigrant narrative are two entirely different experiences.” He conceded: “The two experiences should never be intertwined, nor forgotten.”

:wow:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman

Cmon Bro we are NOT immigrants!

Immigrant implies a voluntary migration. We (ADOS/Freedmen)are not Native to the Americas but we are not immigrants in the classical sense. That's why so many of us get upset when U.S. politicians keep using "this is a Nation of immigrants" talking points, while ignoring the fact that the people whose labor made this country wealthy were not immigrants.