Gaming Going Subscription Won’t Be Cheaper

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I felt this was a good discussion to have with netflix raising their price again for the 4th year in a row.

And I’m not even saying this on no console war shyt because i will apply the same to ubisoft and EA and soon to be Sony. I honestly think this shyt is for the birds. We saw everyone championing this shyt when it first started, “wow netflix is 12 dollars and you get all these award winning shows and classic tv :ooh:“ now this shyt is about to be 20 dollars a month if you want 4k, and honestly who doesn’t want 4k in 2022?

Thats 240 dollars a year, and most of us ain’t surviving off netflix alone. in my example i got crunchy roll, hulu, prime (comes with other benefits though), paramount+, Starz through amazon, and I’m probably forgetting one or two. Thats waaaay more than my cable plan with premium channels.

There’s gonna come a time when people are gonna justify 18-20 a month, (cheaper than a game, right?) on top DLC/MTX, then on top of the games that AINT included in the service. Then you’re gonna have more publishers like EA and Ubi and soon activision, capcom, SE, etc all making their own sub services, and if you want to play everything you’re gonna end up subbed to every game publisher playing shyt like conkers bad fur day, and lethal enforcers. They are just gonna fill all these services with bloat and have people gassed off the two games a month like netflix does with shows like squid game or cobra Kai, which honestly still isn’t top of the line tv.

And who knows what else finesse pubs are gonna think of, next up is NFT

Netflix is a long ways away from House of Cards and Bloodline. Why do you all want this? Isn’t it just easier to wait and buy games on sale? :dwillhuh:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
cuz u can cancel the shyt anytime nikka

dont gotta pay 70 for sum bs launch vahalla :dry:

You cancel and you lose your games and all the money you spent on expansion DLC and In-game items turns into a pumpkin

Like if i had Ghost of Tsushima on ps plus++ and I cancel my sub then i lose my 20 dollar expansion dlc i paid for

There’s no way any of this is gonna lead to higher quality games

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
xbox gonna convince me to cont paying for the sht

its another option like a side bytch

imma play forbidden west n uninstall never look at the sht again til dlc then do get rid of it again

Thats how its supposed to feel, like an option. Eventually you’re gonna be paying that on top of paying for other shyt just like you are now, only it is gonna gradually get more expensive to the point where you feel you can’t opt out or you’re missing out.

Sony is going to do the same thing with their service. Make you think you’re getting a great deal while still paying full price for their games.

These companies found a unbeatable strategy to constantly sap funds from their customers with reoccurring charges so they are gonna continue to dress it up as a “deal” and make you think you’re the one winning.

People are still gonna be shouting best deal in gaming when these services are 400+ dollars a year

Deman

All Star
Daps
Thats how its supposed to feel, like an option. Eventually you’re gonna be paying that on top of paying for other shyt just like you are now, only it is gonna gradually get more expensive to the point where you feel you can’t opt out or you’re missing out.

Sony is going to do the same thing with their service. Make you think you’re getting a great deal while still paying full price for their games.

These companies found a unbeatable strategy to constantly sap funds from their customers with reoccurring charges so they are gonna continue to dress it up as a “deal” and make you think you’re the one winning.
nikka u can pay for 1month play what u wanna play n keep it pushing

playstation alone 400 dollars preorders for feb n march iont no if sifu gonna be for me. i gotta pay to find out

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
nikka u can pay for 1month play what u wanna play n keep it pushing

playstation alone 400 dollars preorders for feb n march iont no if sifu gonna be for me. i gotta pay to find out

Is that what you do with netflix and hulu? Pay for the month and cancel?

It also takes away the option of people voting with their wallets. If you’re subbed to a service you’re just gonna play and take everything a publisher throws at you. Kind of like how people will just put on a shytty netflix movie or show and just watch it because it’s meme’d to death.

For example, sony puts out days gone, it releases broken, and its just an all around mid quality game. The sales reflected that and sony bushed the IP. Same with Destruction all stars, pre orders were no where to be found so they dropped the price and put it out for free, we won’t be getting destruction all stars 2.

Theres a lack of quality control when it comes to these sub services and the audience almost have no agency in feedback because they aren’t paying for the content individually.

Last edited:

Deman

All Star
Daps
Is that what you do with netflix and hulu? Pay for the month and cancel?
netflix n hulu dont give us other options it aint the same

cancel them all the time. imma cancel gp for feb n march

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Get a plex account and keep it moving!!!

And House of Cards was ass with everything past season 4. Ozark>House Of Cards. Netflix still giving us quality.

But with all that said i do agree with the point you trying to make. Netflix was supposed to be the cheaper alternative to cable and now with everyone having their own service it's even more expensive then cable used to be. Gaming is about to be the same way.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
You cancel and you lose your games and all the money you spent on expansion DLC and In-game items turns into a pumpkin

Like if i had Ghost of Tsushima on ps plus++ and I cancel my sub then i lose my 20 dollar expansion dlc i paid for

There’s no way any of this is gonna lead to higher quality games

You sound like a fanboy clown. Your tone will change once Gay Ass Spartucus releases it service. You are not required to subscribe nikka feel free to spend money on games.

I am subscribed to Game Pass but still bought MLB etc... this is not a big deal.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You sound like a fanboy clown. Your tone will change once Gay Ass Spartucus releases it service. You are not required to subscribe nikka feel free to spend money on games.

I am subscribed to Game Pass but still bought MLB etc... this is not a big deal.

Sony would have to move a mountain in order to get me to subscribe to a higher tier on their service. But thats exactly what I mean you don’t have a problem paying for MLB NOW in the PRESENT because gamepass is cheap. What about when it’s priced similar to netflix and they take all the 3rd party games off it, which they are obviously gearing up to do because they are buying so many 1st party studios, just like netflix did.

You are pretty much submitting to the idea of paying 18-20 a month on top of still buying full priced games that aren’t on the service or worse subscribing to more game services.

This is following the same trajectory as streaming tv.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Sony would have to move a mountain in order to get me to subscribe to a higher tier on their service. But thats exactly what I mean you don’t have a problem paying for MLB NOW in the PRESENT because gamepass is cheap. What about when it’s priced similar to netflix and they take all the 3rd party games off it, which they are obviously gearing up to do because they are buying so many 1st party studios, just like netflix did.

You are pretty much submitting to the idea of paying 18-20 a month on top of still buying full priced games that aren’t on the service or worse subscribing to more game services.

This is following the same trajectory as streaming tv.

They are not taking 3rd party streaming service off because it's a bargaining chip for subscribers, it will only increase with Microsoft pot.

What will happen is that once Microsoft reach its goal of subscriptions they will cancel Xbox Live and just utilized gamepass. 20 dollars a month ain't shyt bro and it still helps parents with children especially during the holidays.

Nobody trying to pay 70 bucks for games that shyt is not in anybody plans. You see PC gamers already biting back at Square etc... subscriptions is the way to go. It's a much money to be made.

I would like to add there aren't many games that I will buy thats not on the service. NBA2K occasionally Madden thats it.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:patrice:I mean, in this ADHD era, its worth 15 bones to play a annual game with all the perks including a library of games, versus copping games thats going to be in the backlog for ages to come.

After the bullshyt I went through over the course of the year from a financial point of view to a logical point of view, gaming subs for close to 30 bones a month outweighs copping shyt that you are going to get tired of eventually.

This portion of the gaming business I don't mind, the NFT bullshyt on the other hand can eat saggy wombat nuts:camby:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They are not taking 3rd party streaming service off because it's a bargaining chip for subscribers, it will only increase with Microsoft pot.

What will happen is that once Microsoft reach its goal of subscriptions they will cancel Xbox Live and just utilized gamepass. 20 dollars a month ain't shyt bro and it still helps parents with children especially during the holidays.

Nobody trying to pay 70 bucks for games that shyt is not in anybody plans. You see PC gamers already biting back at Square etc... subscriptions is the way to go. It's a much money to be made.

I would like to add there aren't many games that I will buy thats not on the service. NBA2K occasionally Madden thats it.

The thing about 70 dollar games is that they eventually drop in price. Half the games released before november of this year were half off or more on Black Friday. If you don’t get the option to purchase games anymore then what? You’re pretty much forfeiting your entire game library to the publishers

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
The thing about 70 dollar games is that they eventually drop in price. Half the games released before november of this year were half off or more on Black Friday. If you don’t get the option to purchase games anymore then what? You’re pretty much forfeiting your entire game library to the publishers

They were half off because nobody bought them shyts. We had crazy sale records with no games setting records