GameStop stock ‘Burns to the Ground’ and Analysts Fear No Rebound (update 9/11: 200 stores closing)

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Came in to post this shyt cause my bro was legit heated when we went to America and saw that shyt happening.
I posted it cause I find it ironic to argue that digital games might hit $100 without gamestop, when they literally charged $90 for a $60 game that Nintendo game them exclusive rights to distribute.

Gamestop would sell games for that price if given the chance, and they've literally proved that to be the case. If you wanna talk about what platform really keeps the price of games low, I regularly find damn near brand new games for $20-$30 off in the playstation store. Games that gamestop would be selling for $54 used.
:hhh:

I like having actual brick and mortar stores dedicated to gamers, but gamestop made it's own bed and refused to adapt while researching the best ways to ripoff their customers to stay in business.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
imo, the only way for brick and mortar's to survive is better used deals + having pay for play consoles set up in store (like old school arcades). there's still kids who can't afford to buy them and dudes who don't want their scumbag friends to come to the house to play 2 player (they can do this online now, but it doesn't beat whooping someone sat next to you).

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I know most of y'all hate GameStop but I have one right next to my grocery store, so anytime I buy groceries I swing through there and checkout what games are coming out and chop it up with the people working behind the counter. It's nice to have a chill spot, a brick and mortar store dedicated to games. We're getting to a point where everything will be e-commerce which is a bit depressing.
I hear that but like everyone has said GameStop has raped everyone for years

They should’ve had better business practices..

Buy a game for $65 then trade it in for a $5 credit :hhh: