GameStop stock ‘Burns to the Ground’ and Analysts Fear No Rebound (update 9/11: 200 stores closing)

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I know most of y'all hate GameStop but I have one right next to my grocery store, so anytime I buy groceries I swing through there and checkout what games are coming out and chop it up with the people working behind the counter. It's nice to have a chill spot, a brick and mortar store dedicated to games. We're getting to a point where everything will be e-commerce which is a bit depressing.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I know most of y'all hate GameStop but I have one right next to my grocery store, so anytime I buy groceries I swing through there and checkout what games are coming out and chop it up with the people working behind the counter. It's nice to have a chill spot, a brick and mortar store dedicated to games. We're getting to a point where everything will be e-commerce which is a bit depressing.
Agreed. I was thinking this. Big box stores are no replacement for GS..I'm hoping something can pop up and replace them

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They should have givin more for trade in and have better customer service :pacspit:
Dont take there shyt.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Ive never had a bad experience at GameStop

People are complaining cause they offered them less than what they thought their shyt was worth and they still sold it to them

They’re also complaining cause employees tried to sell them stuff

Clowns

We as consumers need as many options as possible. If digital is the only way to buy games they will end up being $100 standard price

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
Me as a Kid: I got an old Walmart bag full of games , I wanna get some extra money for a several new games

GameStop:
tenor.gif

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Ive never had a bad experience at GameStop

People are complaining cause they offered them less than what they thought their shyt was worth and they still sold it to them

They’re also complaining cause employees tried to sell them stuff

Clowns

We as consumers need as many options as possible. If digital is the only way to buy games they will end up being $100 standard price
At least for me and I'm sure others feel the same. It wasn't just them raping you when it came to trade ins. It was their shady practice of trying to sell used items as new. The last time I went to Gamestop to buy a game, they tried to sale me a copy of a game that they claimed was new but I watched them pull a disc out of a drawer and put it in the case. I told them that I wanted a new copy and they said that it was. I just walked out and haven't been back since. Yes it sucks that there are less options but when ome of those options is Gamestop, no one should be crying.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
It was their shady practice of trying to sell used items as new. The last time I went to Gamestop to buy a game, they tried to sale me a copy of a game that they claimed was new but I watched them pull a disc out of a drawer and put it in the case. I told them that I wanted a new copy and they said that it was. I just walked out and haven't been back since. Yes it sucks that there are less options but when ome of those options is Gamestop, no one should be crying.

this all the way. I don't even trade in games, but they've tried to sell me unsealed shyt as new more than a handful of times, the funniest being when I copped shyt off their website...they literally mailed my ass a gutted game. Had to call a few GS' round the way to find one that'd give me an exchange for a sealed version