GameStop stock ‘Burns to the Ground’ and Analysts Fear No Rebound (update 9/11: 200 stores closing)

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive never had a bad experience at GameStop

People are complaining cause they offered them less than what they thought their shyt was worth and they still sold it to them

They’re also complaining cause employees tried to sell them stuff

Clowns

We as consumers need as many options as possible. If digital is the only way to buy games they will end up being $100 standard price

:pacspit:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
At least for me and I'm sure others feel the same. It wasn't just them raping you when it came to trade ins. It was their shady practice of trying to sell used items as new. The last time I went to Gamestop to buy a game, they tried to sale me a copy of a game that they claimed was new but I watched them pull a disc out of a drawer and put it in the case. I told them that I wanted a new copy and they said that it was. I just walked out and haven't been back since. Yes it sucks that there are less options but when ome of those options is Gamestop, no one should be crying.
Now this is fair and that policy never ever made sense

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
full

:mjlol:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
It's over, what is needed to make them profitable is not possible with their solutions. Digital sales did not cause this, upper management not following the gaming industry in time and not adapting to newer platforms did. There's nothing they can do now because the development/gaming market will do better financially without them attached.

Perfect time for anyone who wants to start collecting certain rare titles before they go up in value when they fold.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

People are complaining cause they offered them less than what they thought their shyt was worth and they still sold it to them

Clowns

We as consumers need as many options as possible. If digital is the only way to buy games they will end up being $100 standard price
Gamestop deserves to go under for that bullshyt they pulled with xenoblade chronicles when Nintendo gave them that exclusive deal.

That was a good ass deal for gamestop but how did they handle it? They purposely under ordered copies of the game to increase demand so they could sell used copies for $90. They were even opening all the new copies of that game so they could sell them used for more money. They will never get a deal like that again due to how they handle that situation.

Their intentions were clear to me ever since then.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Gamestop deserves to go under for that bullshyt they pulled with xenoblade chronicles when Nintendo gave them that exclusive deal.

That was a good ass deal for gamestop but how did they handle it? They purposely under ordered copies of the game to increase demand so they could sell used copies for $90. They were even opening all the new copies of that game so they could sell them used for more money. They will never get a deal like that again due to how they handle that situation.

Their intentions were clear to me ever since then.

Came in to post this shyt cause my bro was legit heated when we went to America and saw that shyt happening.

I like GameStop simply because it's a Game store and you can be around the shyt and talk shop with a few of the employees on a decent level and I don't get to do that much here outside my group of friends.

And while I've never had a truly bad experience and outside of talking to some whiny sounding but actually cool Cacs at the desk, they deserve to burn for all the undersided shyt they did.

I cop all my one and done titles through Gamepass so I got little to no need for their used section and I buy my physicals off Amazon/Best Buy just 'cause.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

Clowns

I don't even shop at Gamestop anymore but this is 100% facts :heh:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
sell it all and buy a software company instead

lowkey as much as people talk shyt about trade ins and what not

you can get hardware from gamestop for mad cheap. I picked up every single system besides xbox one x for half off with warranty

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Once distribution went digital this shyt was over. They shoulda started pivoting the moment PSN Store and XBL Store came online. They coulda did a Gamefly style sub-service that woulda let them slide right into the space Google Stadia and others are about to take.

But this shyt is over. A decade of offering people pennies on the dollar for games/consoles. Then having the nerve to sell em back for $40+ :camby:
They had NO trust from the consumers once digital came around...people GLADLY went to digital stores for their games.