Gamestop....once again.....on that bullshyt

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They are, gamestop is the definition of a reactive company. They saw used games as the future.

Instead of building up their install base through new ways they instead fell back on Hot Topic kitsch crap.

Everyone of their locations should have followed japan and went full game cafe / used games.
shyt its not even too late for them to still do that.
Could jock the whole starbucks internet cafe vibe.
Could be dope, long as no bad hygiene ass mofos in there

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

3 years ago an upscale chain cafe with game based snacks, esports, and loyalty program wouldve done gangbusters, but they are bleeding cash now.

The remodeling, training, and marketing of hundreds stores would probably push them into bankruptcy.

They havent invested into infrastructure in years. I was in a gamestop a few months ago and it was utterly depressing. The best thing they can do now is file for bankruptcy, restructure, and make used games no more than 20% percent of their business.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I take it you're fortunate enough that you're the only person in GameStop whenever you go.

My last visit was whenever Arkham Knight came out, and it was just like all my visits before. Straight up nasty looking and smelling folk in there acting like they're spending their last dime of their allowance on video games.

I used to take my girl with me to see if she wanted any of the collectibles, or saw a game she wanted to pick up while I conducted my business, since no GameStop transaction takes less than 5 minutes, but she eventually told me kill all that since it's depressing in there seeing people try to trade in what was originally 3-400 worth of games and get MAYBE enough for one game back.

Couldn't disagree with her, as I felt the same way. Been Amazon and digital ever since.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
What was their reasoning of canceling their rental plan that was about to drop?

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Convenience and Physical copies. If u have to return anything you would want to just go to the store and return it. Not mail it back to amazon. Anyone who only buys online are probably going digital anyway. Especially with Amazon and Best Buy deals ending.

I buy digital straight off the online marketplace for whatever platform. I'm a hoarder, so I wasn't trading games in anyways, so that made the digital decision easier. Been digital ever since like Call of Duty MW2. No need for stores. :yeshrug: I guess thats not the case for everyone tho.