Gamestop employees all quit at once, tell customers to shop elsewhere lmao

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
I never tripped on GameStop, but as a Nintendo guy it sucks that all of our games are hella expensive , remain launch price forever and even Go Up on price.

Meanwhile y’all Xbox and PlayStation nikkas get AAA games 15 bucks after they been out 3 months.

:stopitslime:

Daps
This is completly reasonable on the store’s part

They need to make sure there are actually games in there and it’s not a re-wrap scam

The games are yearly releases so their value is toast after a few months

They’re not selling used yearly releases for $50, you can get NBA2K22 for less than $20

They’re taking a gamble that the shyt they bought is going to sell, and we all know they’re not going to sell everything that they buy, especially sports games that are obsolete in a year
Tell me you're not a gamer without telling me you're not a gamer :mjlol:

And BTW the games came out either 2nd or 3rd quarter 2013 and this was the day after black Friday no new game is going to lose 2/3 of its price that quick :mjlol: the damn black Friday specials only knocked off $15 for

And BTW that $20 you quoted is a special not the normal price. Go to playstation or Xbox for the real price

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I've never had a bad gamestop experience. That's why I be tripping when I see threads like this.
Yes you have, you just didn't realize it.. Because most "bad experiences" are not the fault of the employee.. The bad experience is being charged out the ass for used games that you see on ebay for a third... And the way they short change you on the games you bring in

Nobody complains about Walmart gaming section cause they simply selling you a new game at price or a used game in the 9.99 bin. That is where GS fukks everyone up eventually.. The used market

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Yes you have, you just didn't realize it.. Because most "bad experiences" are not the fault of the employee.. The bad experience is being charged out the ass for used games that you see on ebay for a third... And the way they short change you on the games you bring in

Nobody complains about Walmart gaming section cause they simply selling you a new game at price or a used game in the 9.99 bin. That is where GS fukks everyone up eventually.. The used market
awkward-black.gif

*Looks around room*

I don't buy used games. :pachaha:

So that's probably why. I am fortunate enough to get my games day of release if I want them. Then again, they see me in there so often because of that fact since I buy a lot of games. They treat me well.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I've never had a bad experience dealing with their employees either.

But working there? :scust: I worked at Blockbuster back then and all my friends who were at Best Buy and Gamestop thought I was living it up :mjlol:
What you know about blocking the library and running returns? :salute:
BB was the goat teen job. Especially in the early 2000s. So much fukkery, bytches had celebs inviting folks to the crib etc.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Capitalism was never a system meant to be a long term solution. You can only pay people crumbs until the system breaks.
Unfortunately there is no system to make everyone's life better. In soviet union the elite owned everything and there were lines in food store of people waiting to buy bread while fruits or chocolate were a rarity due to incredibly WOAT economics.

Long story short, no matter what system you come up with, there will always be those who want to run things and get filthy rich. It's the human nature.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
GameStop should just convert to a place where people can come pay fee to play the systems, and play the games

they would make money just by having stations with gaming PCs, PS5s, and have kiosk where they can pay for time to play to see if they even want to buy the games

they have to create a reason to have a store still
He was bragging about a time where “he walked into the store and it wasn’t busy and saw two of his employees standing around not doing much so he threw all the game cases off the shelves onto the floor and told them to rearrange them in alphabetical order, with customers in the store too :mjgrin:

And he was on some, “yeah i don’t play and i will embarrass you if you think you’re gonna pull something like that here” and i was like :martin:

Yeah, im good :heh:

Just got a job at bestbuy where all my friends worked

nikka hell no
I wish a cracker would :dead:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I mostly walk in, look around then walk out and buy my game elsewhere. TBH GameStop lost it’s mojo when they stopped caring about setting up good demo stations. The demo stations is part of what gave it the edge over everywhere else.