Gamestop employees all quit at once, tell customers to shop elsewhere lmao

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't blame them because I don't think many can survive working at gamestop. It's just not a good place to work, and it's sad to see they haven't improved working conditions for employees after all of these awful years

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How? How was he trying to "flex" on you? :childplease:

He was bragging about a time where “he walked into the store and it wasn’t busy and saw two of his employees standing around not doing much so he threw all the game cases off the shelves onto the floor and told them to rearrange them in alphabetical order, with customers in the store too :mjgrin:

And he was on some, “yeah i don’t play and i will embarrass you if you think you’re gonna pull something like that here” and i was like :martin:

Yeah, im good :heh:

Just got a job at bestbuy where all my friends worked

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Capitalism was never a system meant to be a long term solution. You can only pay people crumbs until the system breaks.
sounds idealistic. without capitalism majority of the consumer goods people love would not exist. your flat panel displays, smart phones, nice cars.

i don't love capitalism but I also understand that for those of us who have lived at it's peak we are all tainted by it. our idealism is not realistic. we love consuming and capitalism facilitates that. nobody would have been innovating at the clip we did just to give away or barter for shyt. the pursuit of profits actually drove progress. the alternative to being paid crumbs is getting it out the mud literally for humans if we abandon ship on societies as we know and people would quickly find out that most humans are not about or cut out for that self sustenance. life.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was bragging about a time where “he walked into the store and it wasn’t busy and saw two of his employees standing around not doing much so he threw all the game cases off the shelves onto the floor and told them to rearrange them in alphabetical order, with customers in the store too :mjgrin:

And he was on some, “yeah i don’t play and i will embarrass you if you think you’re gonna pull something like that here” and i was like :martin:

Yeah, im good :heh:

Just got a job at bestbuy where all my friends worked
That nikka sounded like he wanted a fair one because I've seen that escalate to a brawl before. I worked at Staples fresh out of HS and a coworker squared up with the manager because he was talking greasy.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
sounds idealistic. without capitalism majority of the consumer goods people love would not exist. your flat panel displays, smart phones, nice cars.

i don't love capitalism but I also understand that for those of us who have lived at it's peak we are all tainted by it. our idealism is not realistic. we love consuming and capitalism facilitates that. nobody would have been innovating at the clip we did just to give away or barter for shyt. the pursuit of profits actually drove progress. the alternative to being paid crumbs is getting it out the mud literally for humans if we abandon ship on societies as we know and people would quickly find out that most humans are not about or cut out for that self sustenance. life.

unchecked/unregulated capitalism is the problem.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That nikka sounded like he wanted a fair one because I've seen that escalate to a brawl before. I worked at Staples fresh out of HS and a coworker squared up with the manager because he was talking greasy.

Its wild too me how some of these dudes think people won’t snap on them over 9 dollars an hour.

My cousins ex fiance was a dikk head manager that got his shyt pushed back after an employee quit on him. Came back after work hours and lit him up

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
GameStop has been dying for while. they probably need those quotas to stay in business. Its a lose lose situation.

I was expecting them to say they all quit because they were being mistreated.

a quota you think is too high isn't what i would call disrespecting your employees. That could've just came down from accounting after running numbers to determine what is required for them to make a profit. Once they realized that not a single person was capable of meeting the quota they likely would have re-evaluated.

But i'm just basing this on what i know from the OP. Could be management was passing out penalties and docking pay to everyone and being a$$holes about the quota knowing full well nobody would meet it.
Back when I worked there you had to meet a quota of 5 subscriptions and 5 reservations a week. Imagine trying to reach 40 subs/res combined a month, it's completely unrealistic.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Back when I worked there you had to meet a quota of 5 subscriptions and 5 reservations a week. Imagine trying to reach 40 subs/res combined a month, it's completely unrealistic.
What happens if you don't meet the quota?

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have sales quotas? Why? Most people who go to GS already have a purchase in mind. Why are you forcing employees getting paid shyt to play advertiser for these large ass video game publishers?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Lol it's funny bc as a younger person always thought working at eb or gamestop was a decent little job if you were a gamer. The dread you see in their employees eyes you see in a modern gamestop is terrifying.

Looks like I'm not the only one. When I was like 8 or 9 I was like working at EB Games is a dream job :ohhh:

I've never had a bad gamestop experience. That's why I be tripping when I see threads like this.

The employees are often mild mannered and nice, I think they specifically hire non-aggressive and nice types on purpose, but the amount of work and shyt they have to do is killer which is why most of them are dead inside.

Chick-Fil-A is an example of place that has super nice ass employees but the difference is that they hire so many employees at any given store that most of them can't really complain about workload, and 1 person can call out without issue. At GS there's like 3 people total at the store and if one wants a day off it's chaos.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They have sales quotas? Why? Most people who go to GS already have a purchase in mind. Why are you forcing employees getting paid shyt to play advertiser for these large ass video game publishers?

shytty margins

They are incentivized to get you to spend money on everything other than games

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I opened the thread wondering who in there right mind would choose to work for gamestop in 2021 then read it's somewhere in Nebraska. :mjlol:

Storytime: I'll never forget the year gta 5 dropped. My mama got me the newest nadden, nba, and cod that year for Christmas. So I called gamestop to see how much they would give me me for me and no bullshyt dude straight up told me $15 for each game :russ: Now keep in mind my mama just bought these for black Friday and these bytches weren't even open (still in the plastic) and when I told the dude that dude replied (with a straight face too) "yeah but we would have to open them to make sure that they're in there which would then make them used and we could only give you $15 for them" :unimpressed:

Bruh I was so confused :wtf:. Like in my mind I knew dude was bullshyting. Like fam I already know yall finna sell them $50 a pop so why can't you give me $25-30 a pop? :mjtf: It was at the point at stopped fukking with gamestop completely

This is completly reasonable on the store’s part

They need to make sure there are actually games in there and it’s not a re-wrap scam

The games are yearly releases so their value is toast after a few months

They’re not selling used yearly releases for $50, you can get NBA2K22 for less than $20

They’re taking a gamble that the shyt they bought is going to sell, and we all know they’re not going to sell everything that they buy, especially sports games that are obsolete in a year