Gamestop employees all quit at once, tell customers to shop elsewhere lmao

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I don't mind buying from Gamestop. Hood program I can trade all my games in and get hella discounts.

That said I'm willing to stop for the players. Best Buy is usual my secondary spot and I love Best Buy:ohlawd:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I don't mind buying from Gamestop. Hood program I can trade all my games in and get hella discounts.

That said I'm willing to stop for the players. Best Buy is usual my secondary spot and I love Best Buy:ohlawd:
amazon and Best Buy are my only spots besides the consoles themselves

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I remember going to gamestop to buy dark souls 2 the day it released. Took it home and open the case and found a blank CDr. Took it back to gamestop to get it exchanged and had the manager looking at me like I was full of shyt. He ended up opening another copy and found another blank CD.

He went and grabbed all copies of the game and found that all but three of them were blanks.

I still don't understand how that happened.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
GameStop should just convert to a place where people can come pay fee to play the systems, and play the games

they would make money just by having stations with gaming PCs, PS5s, and have kiosk where they can pay for time to play to see if they even want to buy the games

they have to create a reason to have a store still

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
i rmembwer how bad i wanted to work at gamestop when i was a teenager, i went for an interview and it was so bad i actually turned it down. Manager was trying to flex on me over some dumb shyt. :childplease:
Yea I wanted to work there too shyt seemed like the dream job at 14-16. I put in applications faithfully but never got that call back :mjcry:

Can’t say I’ve been in a GameStop at all this generation frfr

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Lol it's funny bc as a younger person always thought working at eb or gamestop was a decent little job if you were a gamer. The dread you see in their employees eyes you see in a modern gamestop is terrifying.
My first job was at Gamestop, and it was the worst job I ever had. They don't care how good of an employee you are, they just care about how many subscriptions & reservations you can sell. Not to mention that they would sometimes only give you 9hrs a week. Diseases & online shopping have basically killed Gamestop.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Best Buy was my go to when they had the Gamers Club, like $30 for 2 years of 20% off new games.

Went all digital with the PS5 though.
Don't even remind me

giphy.webp

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
GameStop has been dying for while. they probably need those quotas to stay in business. Its a lose lose situation.

I was expecting them to say they all quit because they were being mistreated.

a quota you think is too high isn't what i would call disrespecting your employees. That could've just came down from accounting after running numbers to determine what is required for them to make a profit. Once they realized that not a single person was capable of meeting the quota they likely would have re-evaluated.

But i'm just basing this on what i know from the OP. Could be management was passing out penalties and docking pay to everyone and being a$$holes about the quota knowing full well nobody would meet it.