Gamepass hurting sales? Like shyt ain’t cracked up to be?

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps

In the interview, Patti states how the deal was good, but they also believe it may have hurt their sales by saying:

"I also think it hurts sales. Because a lot of people just go in and try it, and they don't invest. If they don't like the first 10 minutes? That's it. Also, if you don't make the first 10 minutes amazing, maybe it's also a problem. I think [Game Pass] is okay. It's not my favorite. My favorite is the old premium model, where I sell you on some video, on big images and earn your $30. And then after that, I have to deliver. I don't need to get money out of you later."

:lupe:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That quote is Wild.

I almost thought it was a joke or parody at first:mjlol:

I don’t understand whats funny about it. He’s basically saying gamepass has a high bounce rate. Not every game starts off with big fire works and set pieces to hook you, some games are slow build ups, like their other game Inside.

Its bad for smaller indie games if people are just dabbling and bouncing off it within 10 minutes, it would mean they have to fundamentally change their game design to appease that audience

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don’t understand whats funny about it. He’s basically saying gamepass has a high bounce rate. Not every game starts off with big fire works and set pieces to hook you, some games are slow build ups, like their other game Inside.

Its bad for smaller indie games if people are just dabbling and bouncing off it within 10 minutes, it would mean they have to fundamentally change their game design to appease that audience
If people stop playing your game cause it’s trash then that’s your fault.

Inside was a great game. Word of mouth sold it. This game is not good and it ain’t gamepass fault:stopitslime:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You don’t know shyt about completion rates or what anybody is doing or playing on gamepass. :stopitslime:

Ful6WLhaYAAxGzh

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I mean it’s obvious. Same thing with streaming video services.

Problem is games are longer in general, so if the intro doesn’t “catch” you, you’re less likely to keep playing because of how much time the game would occupy.