GameCube turns 20yrs old

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

What are your memories for this console, if you have one :mjlol:

It’s absolutely crazy how this console wasn’t even on my radar. The PS2 was so good I didn’t need to buy any other console. I was never into Nintendo games so this console really had nothing for me. This and the OG Xbox.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Not gonna lie this shyt all over PS2 for me. In my own personal experience. Like I liked the PS2 but I hated the graphics they had on most of the games. My game cube was like my baby Xbox. I remember playing smash and checking out the trophies right. I zoomed in on Mario's overalls and the detail on that shyt blew my mind. So many beautiful games on that console. It's a shame Nintendo lacked to foresight to make it online centric and with a DVD player on most of the consoles instead of that Panasonic one.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not gonna lie this shyt all over PS2 for me. In my own personal experience. Like I liked the PS2 but I hated the graphics they had on most of the games. My game cube was like my baby Xbox. I remember playing smash and checking out the trophies right. I zoomed in on Mario's overalls and the detail on that shyt blew my mind. So many beautiful games on that console. It's a shame Nintendo lacked to foresight to make it online centric and with a DVD player on most of the consoles instead of that Panasonic one.

Nintendo always does one or two dumb things hardware wise to make sure their systems are gimped

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Parents got me a GC cuz they didn’t want me playing PS2/Xbox :francis:

While mfs were playing HTCP I was playing WMX8 and DoR :francis:

Any multiplats were downsized and lacked the content from other systems :francis:

I still loved it tho :wow:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
loved Metroid Prime and Timesplitters 2 and 3

Metroid Prime felt like landing on an alien world. Timesplitters felt like the spiritual successor to Goldeneye with Bots

resident evil 4 was ok

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
I was one of a few people in my elementary school that had one. I had to get a ps2 a couple years later. GameCube was fun especially when games like Mario sunshine, the wrestling wrestlemania games etc.