GameCube turns 20yrs old

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
loved Metroid Prime and Timesplitters 2 and 3

Metroid Prime felt like landing on an alien world. Timesplitters felt like the spiritual successor to Goldeneye with Bots

resident evil 4 was ok
Timesplitters is the shyt… I wish I found it sooner.. it’s literally a bond 64 clone :banderas:

Last edited:

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Did this a few months ago, but Installed to a big SD card I had laying around. Grabbed a Pelican G3 wireless controller from eBay and went to work :wow:
I couldn’t get it to work with a microsd card and adapter.. or you need a real sd card?

I have one 256gb usb with GameCube games and another with Wii games right now

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I was so innocent smh now Im a low vibrational piece of shyt.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I couldn’t get it to work with a microsd card and adapter.. or you need a real sd card?
Both worked for me. May want to make sure you’re using a fat32 formatted card.

I had to remod a few months ago cause I didn’t remember how anything worked and I used a 128gb sd card.

When I dug it out of the closet it still had an 8gb microsd card and adapter from when it was modded years ago.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Both worked for me. May want to make sure you’re using a fat32 formatted card.

I had to remod a few months ago cause I didn’t remember how anything worked and I used a 128gb sd card.

When I dug it out of the closet it still had an 8gb microsd card and adapter from when it was modded years ago.
It was formatted but it was a 512gb card lol maybe there’s a limit

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
It was trash. Controller is trash. No online play. Smash Bros was the only game I really enjoyed.

No Perfect Dark sequel, but it had Night Fire was Fire, but that was multiplat.

No WWF No Mercy sequel, Wrestle Mania 18 was trash.

No GTA .

Resident Evil 4 was overrated action game trash. REmake 1 was good. Yes RE4 is trash and so is the new remake.

Eternal Darkness was overhype trash.

Controller was extra trash. I remember having to press two buttons to do something, because the z button was trash, there was no L1/LB button, no Left/Right Stick Button, no select button. Controller is good playing only Nintendo made games.

The C Stick is straight trash, you couldn't play FPS because of this.

The R button is straight trash, you couldn't play FPS because of this.

Windwaker, TP was okay.

Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Pikman was dope but i was at the age where I was growing out of Nintendo Games.

Ended up copping an Xbox later on, good controller with a usable right stick and r trigger, halo, halo 2, Xbox live, mech assault, rainbow six 3, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory, nfl2k5, built-in hard drive, play your music in-game.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Gamecube had gems, but a lot of cats slept on that system just because the PS2 was so dominant.

- Melee
- Metroid Prime
- Resident Evil 4*
- Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker
- Paper Mario
- F-Zero GX
- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
- Mario Kart: Double Dash
- Viewtiful Joe*
- Tales of Symphonia
- Luigi's Mansion
- Pikmin 1 and 2
- Soul Calibur 2 (with Link)

^All excellent games :wow:

Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 has it's fans, and Eternal Darkness as well :obama:
Super Mario Sunshine was aight :ehh:

The PS2 was a better console overall, but the Gamecube isn't as trash as people think. I really wish Mario Sunshine could have been delayed and worked on for another few months. Game is decent but it has too few levels and WAY too much filler with all the blue coins.

(* EDIT: I know some of these joints eventually found their way to the PS2 :pachaha:)