Game of Thrones Season 3 Niccas!!!!! *Storms Swords*

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
HBO has already said that they're gonna mov on whether he finishes the books or not.
George has given them the ending and all the key points

All I know is that I wouldn't want to be the dude who GRRM gave all the key points or endings to
shyt would ruin years of suspense, predictions and wow moments
Then you would have to keep the shyt to yourself
I'm good...

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
HBO has already said that they're gonna mov on whether he finishes the books or not.

George has given them the ending and all the key points

I heard something like that as well... I mean at one point he swore up and down that if he passed away then so did the story...until the HBO show came along, then everything changed.

If he keeps shooting for seven books then I think he'll finish it, but its gonna be messy and piss alot of people off. Theres just way to many characters and story arcs now.....The thing with G.O.T is that there really isn't going to be ending. I mean he will stop writing the story at some point, but there's no real end to it.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I know is that I wouldn't want to be the dude who GRRM gave all the key points or endings to
I'm good...

:salute: To the ones making that sacrifice for the people

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
So I've been watching the BBC miniseries "The White Queen" and it finally dawned on me that the "War of Roses" is where George R.R. took his inspiration. History heads need not read this. I know you're :comeon: right now but, this is completely new to me and it's fascinating because it seems like Game of Thrones is following actual history :lupe:

In the "War of Roses"....House Lancaster fought with House York over the English throne. Huge blood feud which lasted generations. Eventually King Henry (Lancaster) was killed and King Edward IV (York) took over. Then King Edward IV died of sickness and his younger brother Richard III became the next king. The Lancasters started a war against the York King Richard III. Henry Tudor...a Lancaster with a tiny claim to the throne...killed King Richard III in battle. Then he married the York daughter of the deceased King Edward IV. House Lancaster and House York united as one. Starting the Tudor dynasty. Becoming King Henry VII.

250px-Lannister.JPG
200px-House_Stark_banner.jpg
200px-House_Targaryen_banner.jpg

depositphotos_11955455-English-Rose-Emblem.jpg

It's parallels in this sh*t, B :lupe:

1) I think House Lannister and House Targaryen were inspired the real House Lancaster. For one, both of their sigils are red...like House Lancaster and their red rose. With House Lannister, the connection is more about the sound of their name (Lannister/Lancaster) and that they hate House Stark like House Lancaster hated House York. With House Targaryen, the connection is more about the history. The Targs are the displaced royal family who lost their throne. The Lancasters were the displaced royal family that lost their throne in real life.

2) I think House Stark was inspired by the real House York. Their sigil is white....like House York and their white rose. House York is also written and sounds similar to House Stark.

3) Henry Tudor is the nobody that came out of nowhere and gained the crown. He spent his entire life in exile preparing for war. He was a Lancaster that avenged his house/family. He married a York princess. Together Henry and Elizabeth started a new dynasty, the Tudors. And created the Tudor rose, a mix of both roses. That sounds a whole lot like Game of Thrones, B :lupe: A Song of Ice and Fire. Ice and Fire coming together. Martin just switched the genders. Daenerys Targaryen grew up in exile like Henry Tudor. She spent her years prepping for war like Henry Tudor. She wants to avenge her family and reclaim the throne like Henry Tudor. Jon Snow (a Stark) will unite with her like the York princess united with Henry Tudor. I think that's how the books will end :lupe:
:ohhh::whoo:

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
Brehs I think GRRM needs to hire a ghost writer to keep the on screen Piffness coming? Game of Thrones does'nt have a future otherwise :damn:

Basically Martin penned the first book 22 years ago in 1991 and it was'nt completed until 96. It's taken him thus far 17 years to write the 5 books (1996-2013) that are currently in publication. Now that the TV series has been such a hit, it's only a matter of time before the TV show catches up with the books. What happens then:lupe:?

Will they suspend the show until he finishes writing? Somehow I doubt that, I'm willing to bet screenwriters will probably step in and write the story as they see fit or something along those lines. I wonder if having a few ghostwriter (recruited from Team Breaking Bad) or someone to help Martin pave the way to get series finished....
:patrice: Im good on that I'd rather wait it out.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm good...

lol, I imagine it's on paper, and locked up somewhere. you could hold onto that stuff without actually reading it

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I'm not sure how many of you are writers or have written anything related to a story arch or even something of vast length but...

The hardest part of a story or of anything you right is the beginning. It eases up as it goes along. Even with the case of aSoFaI, GRRM is introducing many characters as he goes along but that number dwindles as pages/books passes. He is writing a story to an end point so the beginning should take longer than the end. As things fall in place; most of the pages will write themselves.

That said, I think we should see the next book by 2015 and A Dream of Spring by 2018.

The final book will be the easiest for him to write since it's merely a conclusion. I believe A Dance with Dragons and Winds of Winter was the most tedious. But obviously, A Game of Thrones was the Hardest/Longest to write.

If you even look at the time between each book. After GoT, the next 3 books only had 2 year gaps. Thennnnnn he started taking longer due to it's popularity causing him to have more appearances along with him working on other things. I don't wanna say he got lazy towards the series, but it's obvious. As the popularity grew, so did our wait times.

Regardless, if the next book doesn't drop by 2015, me and GRRM are gonna have some words...

ku-xlarge.gif