Game of Thrones is the GOAT television show

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The one thing I have it over the Wire is the fact that you can almost put many more episodes on and it can stand on it's own. To me, because of that factor it's taken the best TV show of all-time title. They're nearly equal in every other category. However, I they are also nearly polar opposites in the type of art (fantasy vs real life).

I still think The Wire season 4 was the greatest in television history. Unfortunately I think both my favorite characters in these shows (Jaime and Bodie) share very similar themes and play the same type of role in their respective shows, and will unfortunately share a similar ending.

Last edited:

Gentility

Warrior for the Babies
Supporter
Daps
I've never seen an episode and it's way too late to start now :manny:

:to:
It's never too late. You have a year before the next season.

Lets-Get-Started-Dean-Winchester-Gif-In-Supernatural_zps51cda6ac.gif

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
BB still holds that crown for me But GoT is def 2nd and can easily overtake BB if the finale crush the buildings.

I have both shows over the wire personally :yeshrug:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
:lupe:

I might just wait until I can get them all in a boxset

Although I see Seasons 1 and 2 are around $20 each :lupe:
I didn't watch Breaking Bad or Lost until the year/summer before their final seasons and got caught up. Didn't watch the Sopranos until it was off air. You can catch up no prob.

But to the thread, I think the Wire is definitely the 'best' series I've ever seen so far but GOT is more entertaining if that makes sense. GOT ain't making the social or political statements that The Wire did and doesn't feel like it matters like the Wire did but its definitely more enjoyable. The Wire was heavy and I don't even have a desire to watch it anymore (seen it 3 times though) because its kind of depressing in some ways. GOT will be rewatchable for 30 years

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
:what: I just got done watching "Deadwood" this spring. fukk NO it isn't better than GoT.

:mjlol: at you nikkas who really think "The Sopranos" is as good as GoT or "The Wire".
I hate to sound like a prick or elitist or whatever, but if you didn't think Deadwood was top tier you just didn't get it. GOT is very entertaining. Deadwood, The Wire and The Sopranos are high art.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the love for the wire really blows my mind, and i say this as a fan of the show.

the street stuff and the police stuff was great, but the political stuff and so many of the other subplots were :russell:.

following cutty around while he applies for licenses :russell:

everything with carcetti :russell:

ziggy sobotka :russell:
watching them sort out the school funding and the allocation of monies :russell:
Season 5 and 2 are awful. And you are right all the politics with little finger I fast forwarded

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I hate to sound like a prick or elitist or whatever, but if you didn't think Deadwood was top tier you just didn't get it. GOT is very entertaining. Deadwood, The Wire and The Sopranos are high art.
"You just don't get it." fukkin hate when peeps say that.

Deadwood was/is overrated. Only enjoyable thing was Ian Mcshans character. And Wild Bill in season 1.