Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
this is mainly why I’m rewatching it…I don’t think I paid enough attention to this character

:jbhmm: I think it both he want to be more than hand of the king but he also don't want to see the kingdom fall down a dark path with Daemon as king:demonic:

SOME BACKSTORY...

DUDE ACTUALLY RULED THE REALM DURING VISCERY'S SUCCESSOR FINAL YEARS...
HE WAS SO WEAK & OLD
OTTO RAN THE SHOW
UNTIL HE DIED AND HIS HEIR VISCERYS TOOK OVER.

:devil:
:evil:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ya off the bat I’m sensing a bit of jealousy on alicent’s part…it’s one thing watching TV while having a drink or two but I was completely baked on sunday…so there’s probably a lot of subtle things I didn’t pick up on with these interactions

Daps
If you look up the backstory
Alicent was also possibly sleeping with the old man King Jahearys before Viserys but he died so its time to start on Viserys
Otto basically pimping his daughter to the Kings

Breh when you posting spoilers, could you please designate it as a book spoiler? I almost read it thinking it was a spoiler about the episode itself not about the books.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
yeah I quit Malazan on page 4. LMAO names and uncommon words out the ass. Made me feel like an ignorant fool.
Common gripe with the first book, you just get thrown in. I'm a Malazan stan tho, I read the whole series three times :russ: it's a series that gets better and better the more you know about it, which makes it a niche by default. Greatest book series and fantasy universe of all time for me though, I dont need anything else in the genre :wow:

On topic: I was not hyped about this at all, I even thought the show was about Aegons Conquest:lolbron:
So decided to watch and its about the Dance of Dragons:gladbron: it restored the feeling of when GoT was good right away, just by having the set pieces and soundtrack being on point.
Threads gonna be way less fun compared to the OG because we can't really do the set repping with this show, it's all a form of #Targset in the end (not a spoiler since we know there is a Targ on the throne until Roberts Rebellion). Also this storyline has actually been concluded so we bookreaders know what's about to happen.
I'm in for a weekly episode of dragon fukkery though :ehh:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I also didn’t peep the queen’s track record with “births” :francis:

*edit*

ok wow…at the time I also didn’t understand why they were maiming those ppl in the streets but it was actually warranted (thieves, rapists, etc.)

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno about y'all, but I'm team Daemon on this so far. Granted, this episode made it appear that he's the antagonist, but in so-called reality he didn't do anything wrong. He was on his eye for an eye shyt while on the night watch, which may be extreme but effective. He wished to be heir to the throne, but never overstepped his boundaries. He kept it a-buck all the time and never hid his intentions. And he cared for both his brother and niece.

Keep in mind the "Heir for a day" quote MAYBE SAID out of context because Otto was the one who reported it to Viscerys. Daemon may of been actually grieving and seeking refuge in that orgy to get his mind off of it. Like he said, people mourn differently.

Otto is a manipulative opposition. And he knew he need Daemon out of the picture so he can control Viscerys. Rey poses a problem being the new heir though.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dunno about y'all, but I'm team Daemon on this so far. Granted, this episode made it appear that he's the antagonist, but in so-called reality he didn't do anything wrong. He was on his eye for an eye shyt while on the night watch, which may be extreme but effective. He wished to be heir to the throne, but never overstepped his boundaries. He kept it a-buck all the time and never hid his intentions. And he cared for both his brother and niece.

Keep in mind the "Heir for a day" quote MAYBE SAID out of context because Otto was the one who reported it to Viscerys. Daemon may of been actually grieving and seeking refuge in that orgy to get his mind off of it. Like he said, people mourn differently.

Otto is a manipulative opposition. And he knew he need Daemon out of the picture so he can control Viscerys. Rey poses a problem being the new heir though.

ya otto is a worm…and it seems evident from the start by the way he speaks to the breh at the table early on