Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Am I correct that there were no mentions of the Lannisters at all? I didn't pick up any.
Power rises and falls for the houses, and at this time the Lannisters aren’t powerful. The most powerful houses during this era are the Velaryons, Hightowers, Baratheons and the Starks. That being said the Starks are rather divorced from the realm for much of the early history, yet powerful due to the sheer size and population of their territory.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, i can see this show being the succession of ice and fire. Just straight up family drama, fighting for who gets to inherit the throne instead of outside families fighting for it.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Pretty good ep 1
No cliffhanger to hook people though and I notice there's a lack of designated hero in this period
So we definitely might get some good grey storytelling

they are kinda going down the subjective route with the history vs leaving the mystery up in the air
For instance did Daemon actually say the Heir for a day line or did Otto make that lie up

They should definitely have put more emphasis on that prophecy besides passing it down heir to heir lol
Targaryen on the throne wasn't needed probably just a reason for them getting power

Dude who plays Viserys is acting loops around Matt Smith

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I haven't watched yet. Are we back? :gladbron:

friday-ice-cube.gif

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
The ONE thing I didn't like in this episode is the sounds the dragons make. I'm used to the sounds they were making in GOT.
You peep when the dragon caretakers were tryna calm him down and put him back inside in Old Valryian language and the dragon shook his head on "nikka I ain't listening to you:mjlol:"