Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
That's swordsmen breh.

Hammer>>sword.

And the best part is Robert was sick with the sword too.

Damn near killed Jon Connington after he killed Mooton(who I doubt was famous because his spurs glinted nicely in the light) while wounded.

Jon who killed Denys Arryn of the Vale.

People don't have to like Robert, he was a crappy husband and father and king. But man was unparalleled as a warrior.

He's kinda gotta be to make the whole "best warriors don't necessarily make for great kings" thing work.
Hammer is great for getting through armour especially the ones with the spikes at the end of em. My thing is he can almost match mountain in strength while being quicker. He like myles garret with the size and speed combo. Plus robert had strong armour and shield. Idk much about Dayne but that Dawn blade needs to be like valerian steel to get through it

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Peerless warrior> best knight. The hierarchy is implied.

The northmen don't have a culture of knighthood but that never stopped them from whooping southern knights like pits do poodles.

How was Robert a hot-headed shytstarter? Because he defended himself against a tyrannical king?

Again, greatest swordsman means nothing when the sword isn't the strongest weapon.
Hammer beats swords, poleax/halbryd beats hammer.

Dayne beat everyone put in front of him, until Ned Stark stepped into his path.

You know who else has that very same distinction, but with more names? Robert Baratheon.

Died undefeated, only father time could get the win over him.

You give Dayne a regular sword and Robert his hammer and the Star will fall just like the Lizard did.
So if you take away the signature weapon of one character & allow the other to keep his, the other guy would win? That's mind blowing breh. :ohhh:

Out of his own mouth he's not a tactician or a strategist, bottom line he's an instinctual fighter with natural gifts that's got a temper. Even before he got flabby he was known for being quick to violence, which is why the warhammer suits him so well. Robert Baratheon is a walking blunt object that will crush anything he can hit.

If you honestly believe that in all Dayne's years and exploits he's never learned to deal with someone using something other than a sword, we really don't have anything to discuss here. The Viper already showed you what happens when a stronger, heavily armored opponent runs into a faster, smarter one. We're not even going to get into Dawn being better than Valyrian steel.

Robert is getting washed 8 out of 10.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
So if you take away the signature weapon of one character & allow the other to keep his, the other guy would win? That's mind blowing breh. :ohhh:

Out of his own mouth he's not a tactician or a strategist, bottom line he's an instinctual fighter with natural gifts that's got a temper. Even before he got flabby he was known for being quick to violence, which is why the warhammer suits him so well. Robert Baratheon is a walking blunt object that will crush anything he can hit.

If you honestly believe that in all Dayne's years and exploits he's never learned to deal with someone using something other than a sword, we really don't have anything to discuss here. The Viper already showed you what happens when a stronger, heavily armored opponent runs into a faster, smarter one.

Robert's warhammer isn't a weapon made of magical metal that possibly ended an apocalyptic genocide invasion.

It's just a warhammer.

There's nothing that says Robert was some berserker type of warrior who brute forced his way to the win breh.

That's fanon not canon.

When did Robert say he wasn't a strategist or tactician?

He won three battles in a day breh, you're not doing this without tactics/strategy.

All I'm saying is that the guy known to never lie says one was the best Knight and the other was the best warrior.

You decide which one he was saying was the more dangerous man.

The axe murderer

Daps

If you honestly believe that in all Dayne's years and exploits he's never learned to deal with someone using something other than a sword, we really don't have anything to discuss here. The Viper already showed you what happens when a stronger, heavily armored opponent runs into a faster, smarter one. We're not even going to get into Dawn being better than Valyrian steel.

:ohhh:

The axe murderer

Daps
Like I said, magic sword gives him the advantage.

Give him the same tools everyone else has and see how quickly the luster is lost.
I think one problem is that there doesn't seem to be many accounts of dayne in battle. A lot of word to mouth it seems.

Xavier

Iconic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where Kings Will Dream
That's swordsmen breh.

Hammer>>sword.

And the best part is Robert was sick with the sword too.

Damn near killed Jon Connington after he killed Mooton(who I doubt was famous because his spurs glinted nicely in the light) while wounded.

Jon who killed Denys Arryn of the Vale.

People don't have to like Robert, he was a crappy husband and father and king. But man was unparalleled as a warrior.

He's kinda gotta be to make the whole "best warriors don't necessarily make for great kings" thing work.
You’re basically saying Robert could beat any of the GOAT warriors if they were given castle forged swords which is an asinine opinion that contradicts even what the creator of these very characters has said.

In the Battle of the Trident Robert suffered grave injuries in his duel with Rhaegar, so much so that it was Ned who marched to King’s Landing in his place to secure the throne. And Rhaegar didn’t even have a Valyrian steel sword (just a common longsword), neither is he anywhere near a top 10 fighter in the story :dead: Rhaegar almost killed him posthumously, but Arthur Dayne wouldn’t be able to beat Robert without Dawn??:dead: Stop it breh :deadrose:

I get some yall book readers are passionate (I am too. Have read every source material), but yall gotta chill with random name droppings and stop coming with this superiority complex when casuals are just trying to enjoy a show

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
In no particular order

Jaime Lannister
The Hound
The Mountain
Oberyn Martell
Eddard 'Ned' Stark
Arthur Dayne
Robert Baratheon
Brienne of Tarth
Khal Drogo
Grey Worm
Jon Snow

Thats just what we seen on screen too... gotta let him breathe a bit before I hall of fame him but Im a Stan unless he does some outrageously grimey shyt :manny:
Great list, gotta put Barristan The Bold in there

The axe murderer

Daps
This episode still funny

Larys: Yo there's a spy network in the castle your father's using against you
Alicent: wtf where? who?
Larys: Um... bytch why your socks still on?

:dead:
''hmm she seems comfortable enough around him to take off the shoes and OH WHAT THE HELL:damn:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
In no particular order

Jaime Lannister
The Hound
The Mountain
Oberyn Martell
Eddard 'Ned' Stark
Arthur Dayne
Robert Baratheon
Brienne of Tarth
Khal Drogo
Grey Worm
Jon Snow

Thats just what we seen on screen too... gotta let him breathe a bit before I hall of fame him but Im a Stan unless he does some outrageously grimey shyt :manny:
Ser Jorah took out a Dothraki leader, survived the pits of Mereen, went face to face with stone-men, helped siege Yunkai, was the MVP of the battle beyond the wall wielding dragon glass daggers, and wouldn't allow himself to die until his queen was safe from the dead :wow:

Jorah the Andal is top 5 DOA :wow:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Ser Jorah took out a Dothraki leader, survived the pits of Mereen, went face to face with stone-men, helped siege Yunkai, was the MVP of the battle beyond the wall wielding dragon glass daggers, and wouldn't allow himself to die until his queen was safe from the dead :wow:

Jorah the Andal is top 5 DOA :wow:

Yea Jorah a savage might have to take Jon Snow out and put him in but the Snowman aint no bytch

The axe murderer

Daps
Yea Jorah a savage might have to take Jon Snow out and put him in but the Snowman aint no bytch
That reminds me halfhand was pretty strong. He let Jon kill him so he could infiltrate the wildlings. Sam told him halfhand could have murked him as easily as eating a porridge bowl