Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
We don't listen to irrevelant houses breh. The Lannisters are Virginia Squires status in HOD.

Tywin would have gotten thrown in the dragon pit talking crazy :pachaha:
the wildest shyt lmao. power rankings scrambled for real

"A Lannister? Really? :dahell:"

and Vic was just like "aite you know what.... that was a bit much :pachaha: i'll hold that"

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
How a lil 11-12 year old kid challange a grown ass man to a duel to the death and nobody tried to stp i😅🤣

306126759_7013113758806250_7911317109472285650_n.png
Some people develop great martial skills at a young age for example Mike tyson. I won't expand much on this young man , but his house is renown in the Books for breeding bad ass warriors. Even the women are badasses and the person he took out its an opp from a House that Got beef with them going back thousands of years the opp talked shyt trying to make the young man look bad in front of a princess everybody trying to holla at, and he put his sword to purpouse. And also its westeros breh its custom if anybody challenges you openly specially in a matter of a betrothal you got to square up. For example in the Main series Lil Finger did the same as a lil kid to Brandon Stark ( the Ned stark brother) challenged him for the honor of marrying Catelyn and got sonned bad got cut from his Belly all the way up to his neck and probably didn't get killed cause of catelyn begging brandon not to do it. That Mf was crazy and even goes and challenges the king after his sister gets 'kidnapped".

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Came across a review that covers most of the issues I have with the show.

Can we talk about something other than the throne?

House of the DragonHouse of the Dragon series 1 episode 3: Set 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones, this epic series tells the story of House Targaryen.

For all its gratuitous nudity, dragons and surprise beheadings, the real X factor for Game of Thrones was the dialogue. Conversations had a way of humanizing characters while dispensing necessary world-building details; they told each other stories that expressed their flaws and virtues, while providing the audience reasons to care if they live or die. Take episode four, season one, when a trembling Samwell Tarly meets Jon Snow at Castle Black. Naturally, they talk about girls. Jon tells Sam that he’s still a virgin because he fears fathering a child out of wedlock, simultaneously unpacking the baggage of being a b*stard and explaining the meaning of Snow. “So you didn’t know where to put it?” Sam says. They laugh, and you believe these people care for each other. You want their friendship to succeed.

Four episodes into House of the Dragon, we’ve sped through nearly as many years, one war, and two Alicent Hightower pregnancies – yet we’ve just started to scratch the surface of our protagonists. Here, laughter is exceedingly rare, and everyone in the realm seems to be of a singular mind. All the highborn talk about is the throne, succession and threats to succession. This makes for extremely dry parties (Would it have killed any of the noblewomen in the hunting tent to crack a joke?) and even drier onscreen chemistry. From Ser Criston’s debut in episode one to his coupling in episode four, he and Rhaenyra have a total of one and half conversations, counting the one cut short by the boar. We learn a bit about his lineage, but does he have a personality? We may never find out.

Lord Corlys, we hardly know thee

House of the DragonFirst Look

HOTD zips through the plot with lightning speed, with little variation in terms of mood or scenery. Imagine the many colorful landscapes, personalities and clever punchlines of Game of Thrones, then compress that into a uniform shade of gray. The efficient storytelling is a feature of the source material, George RR Martin’s Fire & Blood. Written through the eyes of an archmaester at the Citadel, it offers an account of the Targaryen dynasty 300 years after the fact. Consequently, our characters tend to feel like distant historical figures. “The Sea Snake is an over-proud man,” according to the grand maester, but surely there’s more to him, right? Does he have any vices? And who wears the pants in his marriage to Princess Rhaenys?

As in the book, the show’s dialogue serves a perfunctory role, guiding the conflict to swift resolution with the cadence of a conveyor belt. Years-long estrangements are quickly repaired – “I’ve missed you,” Rhaenyra tells Alicent – and offscreen developments are succinctly accounted for. We may not have seen Lord Corlys in a while, but we’re told that he’s marrying his daughter to the Sealord of Braavos. This is a show built around absence – not only of Lord Corlys, but of laughter, texture or depth.

This comment as well

It's really simple why House of the Dragon is not nearly as compelling as Game of Thrones: in GOT the script took place across a much wider canvas, along numerous parallel (and eventually, converging) story arcs: one minute we're in King's Landing, next we're up at The Wall, then we're following the Targaryens in their adventures with the Dothraki, then it's off to see what Stannis is up to... the focus of the narrative is constantly moving between the various threads.

In House of the Dragon, we're just relentlessly focussed on a handful of people, in one place, wrestling mostly with the same issue. It's Game of Thrones re-imagined as a kitchen-sink drama.

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
Little Arya out here seeking revenge, becoming a savage - representing her father in these woods - while Jon Snow punk ass in the mountains playing touch butt with his friends. :pacspit:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Little Arya out here seeking revenge, becoming a savage - representing her father in these woods - while Jon Snow punk ass in the mountains playing touch butt with his friends. :pacspit:
i'm still anti arya

If Arya has millions of haters, I am one of them. If Arya has ten haters, I am one of them. If Arya has only one hater, that is me. If Arya has no haters, that means I am no longer on earth. If the world fukks with Arya, then I am against the world.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
i'm still anti arya

If Arya has millions of haters, I am one of them. If Arya has ten haters, I am one of them. If Arya has only one hater, that is me. If Arya has no haters, that means I am no longer on earth. If the world fukks with Arya, then I am against the world.
Arya died in that sewer water to me. Hopefully that new J snow series retcons GOT ending in a slick way. IDK like a new great winter has taken over the 6 kingdoms and ravages the north when from a prophetic nightmare wakes Jon Snow letting him know that the great other is inhabiting the body of his brother Brandon stark. Which will bring the dagger back into play
:ohhh: making Joffrey the gawd baratheon story of a tragic Hero who tried to assassinate the great other with the same dagger. :mjlit: *puts joint down.

Its possible they established in the books that when a greenseer/skin changer dies his spirit is able to move into other animals , people

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the wildest shyt lmao. power rankings scrambled for real

"A Lannister? Really? :dahell:"

and Vic was just like "aite you know what.... that was a bit much :pachaha: i'll hold that"

It really is. At first when the show started, I was like who GAF about the Velaryons and the Hightowers.

They're irrelevant in the main show. But in this era, they were amongst the top of the realm. The other houses were still weak somewhat.

Now it makes sense why houses like the Tullys got disrespected by their banner men. Houses like that only rose up when the Targs came over and didn't have a thousands of years of rule to establish themselves.

The Starks go back 8,000 years though :blessed:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Came across a review that covers most of the issues I have with the show.

This comment as well
This reminds me of a video I watched yesterday about the Marvel villain problem in relation to Gorr/Thor.

It pointed out that quest stories have greater impact because of the escalation.

I like HOTD but we are essentially waiting for the legs to give and people to betray each other. So i definitely see how it wouldn’t appeal to people who liked the quest aspect of GOT.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
This reminds me of a video I watched yesterday about the Marvel villain problem in relation to Gorr/Thor.

It pointed out that quest stories have greater impact because of the escalation.

I like HOTD but we are essentially waiting for the legs to give and people to betray each other. So i definitely see how it wouldn’t appeal to people who liked the quest aspect of GOT.
I think people are underestimating the amount of years this show gonna cover compared to got. The pacing gonna be different and these first 5 eps just setting up back story before the time jump