Game of Thrones - "House Of The Dragon" Official Threads (NO SPOILERS....ZERO)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
fwiw SHO does it too but I get you tho…it’s a tradition that’s worked for HBO…from their perspective no need for them to change their model when they know folks will tune in regardless
I think for a little while they were releasing "The Wire" episodes early, but they stopped before the finale.

Maybe they didn't know of they were renewed so that had an effect on pacing.

Now I'm sure they know they can stretch this out for a season or 2 more because viewers

:patrice:

My guess is that's exactly what happened. They didn't know how popular they were going to be, so they compressed the timeline.
If they KNEW the ratings would equal 'classic' GOT ratings, they probably would have milked this for as many seasons as it would remain profitable :manny:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely insane take.

bro kills his wife and then loses his kid and that shyt just isn’t engaging to you? :heh: Then he further implodes by marrying his daughters best friend and creating a succession crisis and you were just sitting there with the :unimpressed: ?
Yea dude is a terrible King.

He doesn't realize that half his Kingdom don't want a Queen. Yet he feels obligated to give his daughter the throne because he doesn't want to hurt her feelings.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Maybe they didn't know of they were renewed so that had an effect on pacing.

Now I'm sure they know they can stretch this out for a season or 2 more because viewers

:patrice:

IT TOOK VISCERYS
16 YRS & 8 PREGNANCIES
TO HAVE A SON....

IN WHAT WORLD DOES IT
MAKE SENSE TO NOT SHOW
THAT CHILDS BIRTH?

THEY COULD HAD THE WEDDING
IN EP 3,
TIME JUMP TO THE BIRTH IN EP 4
AND TIME JUMP TO KILLING
THE DEAR IN EP 5....

ALL WHILE SHOWING THE CRAB
WAR PLAY OUT.
:devil:
:evil:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

IT TOOK VISCERYS
16 YRS & 8 PREGNANCIES
TO HAVE A SON....

IN WHAT WORLD DOES IT
MAKE SENSE TO NOT SHOW
THAT CHILDS BIRTH?

THEY COULD HAD THE WEDDING
IN EP 3,
TIME JUMP TO THE BIRTH IN EP 4
AND TIME JUMP TO KILLING
THE DEAR IN EP 5....

ALL WHILE SHOWING THE CRAB
WAR PLAY OUT.

They filmed the wedding they just cut it out.

I would post pictures but I'm sure spoilers would come with it and I don't want to hear ppl cry

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea dude is a terrible King.

He doesn't realize that half his Kingdom don't want a Queen. Yet he feels obligated to give his daughter the throne because he doesn't want to hurt her feelings.

don’t know if you’re being facetious or simply haven’t been paying attention

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Nah fukk Robert's rebellion

Perhaps they start looking into expanding the lore

Or a LONG NIGHT...that shyt lasted for years I believe and is the start of HOUSE STARK. So much is unknown that the show would be opening up the LORE.

Then they could do a show on AEGONS CONQUEST (only because them Targaryens are a draw).

Or a show about 100 years before the DOOM of Valyria.
No, anything Targaryen needs to be part of HOD, they need to go ahead and turn this into an anthology series and deal with various parts of Targ history. Any other proper spin-offs should deal with an entirely different family or area

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
People making the argument about the time jump reminds me of GRRM writing about 200 pages describing the clothes, the food, and the landscape before getting to the real stuff :mjlol:

I was always why I’m reading 5 pages describing dornish wine? Wrap it up! :gucci:

COMPARE THE KINGS 1ST BORN SON
BEING BORN TO DORNISH WINE BREAUGHS.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
People legit had crab masks and sons of the harpy masks acting like he was going to be the season 1 final boss

Imo people keep expecting this story to be like GOT where there is this big villain like thanos or something and in reality this is not a story where you have a big threat to defeat
"Hooooraaaay you read the book hooray!!!!!"

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
People making the argument about the time jump reminds me of GRRM writing about 200 pages describing the clothes, the food, and the landscape before getting to the real stuff :mjlol:

I was always why I’m reading 5 pages describing dornish wine? Wrap it up! :gucci:
Last I read the books I was on deployment I had nothing else to do (12on12off )so it wasn't a tedious read for me.

I do remember though skipping pages so yea lemme walk that back :pachaha:.I think I skipped the red wedding in the book because when I got to the show I was :wtf: