Game Informer's Top 10 Games Of 2021

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Game Informer's Top 10 Games Of 2021
Apparently this list is in order of ranking.

10. Psychonauts 2
9. Inscryption
8. It Takes Two
7. Forza Horizon 5
6. Life is Strange: True Colors
5. Metroid Dread
4. Returnal
3. Resident Evil Village
2. Deathloop
1. Halo Infinite

I don't see how Ratchet and Clank didn't make this list. I'm not familiar with #9 but is it really better than Ratchet and Clank?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
cuz it wasn’t a great game…it was good but I’m not surprised it didn’t make the cut here
Game Informer gave Tales of Arise a 9.25 and it isn't on the list at all. Deathloop got a 9 (the same score as Ratchet and Clank) and it's #2 on the list. Life is Strange True Colors got an 8.5 and is on the list. Scarlet Nexus got an 8.75 higher than Life is Strange but isn't listed. Returnal got a 9.5 higher than the number 1 game on the list Halo Infinite. Forza Horizion 5 also got a 9.5 and isn't at the top.

The list doesn't even match their publications. I get that this was probably a consensus list while the reviews were done by individuals but it just looks funny.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
The first life is strange was cool even with the over the top dialogue. Never heard anything positive about the sequel so ignored Strange Colors too. I might have to check it out if it comes to gamepass :patrice:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Game Informer gave Tales of Arise a 9.25 and it isn't on the list at all. Deathloop got a 9 (the same score as Ratchet and Clank) and it's #2 on the list. Life is Strange True Colors got an 8.5 and is on the list. Scarlet Nexus got an 8.75 higher than Life is Strange but isn't listed. Returnal got a 9.5 higher than the number 1 game on the list Halo Infinite. Forza Horizion 5 also got a 9.5 and isn't at the top.

The list doesn't even match their publications. I get that this was probably a consensus list while the reviews were done by individuals but it just looks funny.

I do think these review sites have an outdated system. They should have almost a metacritic type system where all their interested reviewers give a review and then they level it out.

I don't even think they fully employ their reviewers, I believe they are contractors, so it shouldn't be any issue with doing that, maybe only have one person write the article but the review score becomes an consensus instead

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Best news about GOTY 2021 is 2022 is right around the corner :blessed: although I liked the games I played, every one this yr coulda been canceled and I wouldn’t be hurt. Can’t wait to see next yr list

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The first life is strange was cool even with the over the top dialogue. Never heard anything positive about the sequel so ignored Strange Colors too. I might have to check it out if it comes to gamepass :patrice:

Life Is Strange 2> True Colors > LIS

I think the series is in good hands with Deck 9