Galaxy Unpacked Event 2020

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Got the credit for my free gift. Chose the Galaxy Buds Live and a silicone case. I'll probably sell both on Facebook Marketplace.

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got the credit for my free gift. Chose the Galaxy Buds Live and a silicone case. I'll probably sell both on Facebook Marketplace.
I'm still trying to figure out the touch controls on the Buds Live. I have Jabra Elite Active 75t's and they are a lot easier to me.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm still trying to figure out the touch controls on the Buds Live. I have Jabra Elite Active 75t's and they are a lot easier to me.
I'm not really trying to have any more earbuds. I like the Galaxy Buds+ style better anyway. Just seems like I could try and get at least $130 for the Buds Live new unopened and just put that towards paying for the phone.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
AT&T's offering $300 off the full payment left on my Pro Max on top of $1000 credit if I trade it in for the Note 20 Ultra. I normally don't fukk with trade ins and sell my own phones when I'm done but gotdamn. Hadn't planned on upgrading at all this year, with this I'm basically paying more to keep my iPhone at this point since I'd have to pay for phone and service. They're basically giving me the Ultra for free.

The only catch is the 30 month agreement, I don't think I've had a phone that long before ever. Still seems like a no brainer but I'm gonna have to see how ironclad this agreement is. If I can still flip if I want to and maybe only have to eat a minimal amount I might just bite.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
AT&T's offering $300 off the full payment left on my Pro Max on top of $1000 credit if I trade it in for the Note 20 Ultra. I normally don't fukk with trade ins and sell my own phones when I'm done but gotdamn. Hadn't planned on upgrading at all this year, with this I'm basically paying more to keep my iPhone at this point since I'd have to pay for phone and service. They're basically giving me the Ultra for free.

The only catch is the 30 month agreement, I don't think I've had a phone that long before ever. Still seems like a no brainer but I'm gonna have to see how ironclad this agreement is. If I can still flip if I want to and maybe only have to eat a minimal amount I might just bite.
A year from now you’re lucky if that Note 20 Ultra is worth $700 selling it. Meanwhile they’ll likely give you bill credits for your trade-in.

If you plan to keep the phone the 30 months I’d say do it. If they give you anything other than monthly bill credits for the trade-in do it. If you get bill credits you’ll likely be underwater on the value of the phone in a year and still have a year and a half of payments remaining.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
A year from now you’re lucky if that Note 20 Ultra is worth $700 selling it. Meanwhile they’ll likely give you bill credits for your trade-in.

If you plan to keep the phone the 30 months I’d say do it. If they give you anything other than monthly bill credits for the trade-in do it. If you get bill credits you’ll likely be underwater on the value of the phone in a year and still have a year and a half of payments remaining.

I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow let alone in 30 months that's the issue lol. I typically upgrade every year, multiple times a year because I like new shyt, but just haven't felt compelled to this year before this promo.

I know Androids don't retain value but at that point I wouldn't care, that's $700 more than I paid for it. And yeah I'm thinking that $1000 is stretched out over 30 months, but if I can get that negotiated I'm probably jumping in. I'll just schedule payments for my Apple Card through customer care at that point.

And me considering this got me to also thinking about Samsung's strategy and what the hell they're doing. This is the first time any Note has been cheaper than the S series. The deal on the Note 20 Ultra is better the S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra almost 6 months later still costs more than the Note. Almost like they can't cut price for some reason, Covid might have them fukked up. AT&T too, they've never offered anything like this before as long as I've had them.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
With the trade in, I can get the Note 20 for 700. I was saving for a console and new OLED, but I need to get rid of this Note 8.:patrice:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
The battery life of this Note20 Ultra has been noticeably worse than the Note10+.

You watched Flossy's review? He said the same issue. Battery life was better last year.