Galaxy Unpacked Event 2020

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I went ahead and copped today. shyt is actual hot fire.
I tried to hate talking bout I'm gonna return it cause I still got my 10 plus and I need to save, but this phone is hot flames. :whew:. That big ass camera bump just be speaking subliminals talking about I know you want to go out and take some picture right now

and I'm like :noah: I do want to go out and take some pictures.

It's so buttery smooth.

Last edited:

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
The last phone I paid that much for was the iPhone X. Never again. When this is all done I will have likely paid $550 for this Note20 Ultra. You won't really be gaining any meaningful features going from a Note8 to the Ultra. It's all about just having the latest and greatest.

I intend to keep this phone a while. With each upgrade I become less and less fulfilled owning these phones because for the most part they've reached stagnation. Around the time they just started adding more and more camera lenses to them it was a wrap.

Hell Apple is going on year 4 of the same basic phone design for example.
You aren't a high end user then my note 9 uses to be a inferno from the apps I had running video editing, and a afk gacha I was running with dawn near ps3graphics.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You aren't a high end user then my note 9 uses to be a inferno from the apps I had running video editing, and a afk gacha I was running with dawn near ps3graphics.
I have a Surface, a laptop, and a couple desktops to do any real computing. My cell phone is pretty much just that. Social media, streaming videos, web browsing, email, texting, pictures, music. I don't even really play games on a cell phone.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
I have a Surface, a laptop, and a couple desktops to do any real computing. My cell phone is pretty much just that. Social media, streaming videos, web browsing, email, texting, pictures, music. I don't even really play games on a cell phone.
I don't play alot of games either but I buy super phones because I don't see the point in a tablet and have always felt desktops are better investments than laptops.I use my Note20 Ultra as a computer.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
My daughter dropped my Note 8 face first Sunday. I noticed the dreaded purple streak in the lower left hand corner and decided it was time to upgrade anyway. Surprisingly, the damage didn't spread and the 8 is still working with 98% of the screen perfectly visible. If it hangs in there, I'll keep it as a backup. I don't regret upgrading either way. Grabbed the 20 Ultra that Monday evening and I'm satisfied. Set for the next 3 years at least.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Sept 1 10am est is Unpacked 2 for the Fold 2

Pretty much decided to wait for it and any trade ins they have. Samsung UK leaked the UK price and it's actually cheaper than the first Fold, so if it's going to be cheaper and the trade in brings it down to around the same price as the Ultra, then I'd rather have the Fold.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Pretty much decided to wait for it and any trade ins they have. Samsung UK leaked the UK price and it's actually cheaper than the first Fold, so if it's going to be cheaper and the trade in brings it down to around the same price as the Ultra, then I'd rather have the Fold.
Pretty much what I'm gonna do.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx

The Fold gives you size ,but the cameras aint shyt.I also feel like the note ultra is more powerful than both the new tablet and probably the new fold

drifter

Superstar
Daps
The Fold gives you size ,but the cameras aint shyt.I also feel like the note ultra is more powerful than both the new tablet and probably the new fold

They both have the same chip. Spec sheet for the camera looks like it's basically the same as the S20+/N20 w/ differences in zoom and telephoto lol..it'll be just fine. Neither one of those is big a deal.

But it's mostly a value thing imo. If I'm spending that money I can either buy more of the same or spend the same amount for something I've never touched before. Also doesn't hurt that $1300 gets you 128GB on the Ultra, you get double the storage for around the same price since the Fold starts at 256.

2x the storage on a better piece of technology for at or in the same ballpark of price, choice is easy for me man. We'll see what happens Tuesday.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
They both have the same chip. Spec sheet for the camera looks like it's basically the same as the S20+/N20 w/ differences in zoom and telephoto lol..it'll be just fine. Neither one of those is big a deal.

But it's mostly a value thing imo. If I'm spending that money I can either buy more of the same or spend the same amount for something I've never touched before. Also doesn't hurt that $1300 gets you 128GB on the Ultra, you get double the storage for around the same price since the Fold starts at 256.

2x the storage on a better piece of technology for at or in the same ballpark of price, choice is easy for me man. We'll see what happens Tuesday.
How is the fold a better piece if technology and the Ultra has a 108mp camera and can record 8k.It also has expandable store so I can buy a Samsung Evo and up my storage

drifter

Superstar
Daps
How is the fold a better piece if technology and the Ultra has a 108mp camera and can record 8k.It also has expandable store so I can buy a Samsung Evo and up my storage

If you have to ask that question then the Fold isn't for you, that's fine since it sounds like Ultra is the better one for you.

But you keep talking specs and I'm talking a different experience altogether. It's almost like that Steve Ballmer clip before the iPhone came out and he's listing a bunch of things the Motorola Windows phone has and why the iPhone would flop. We're just having two different conversations.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
If you have to ask that question then the Fold isn't for you, that's fine since it sounds like Ultra is the better one for you.

But you keep talking specs and I'm talking a different experience altogether. It's almost like that Steve Ballmer clip before the iPhone came out and he's listing a bunch of things the Motorola Windows phone has and why the iPhone would flop. We're just having two different conversations.
I recon the fold will flop and the crease will be egregious

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Found a hands on, it's in Korean but you can turn subtitles on. Or read below

Wow wow wow!

After 1.5 years, it finally comes.

We can’t say it is the future of smartphones, but it does come from the future.

At first glance, you will already be blown away by the massive external display: 6.2 inches, 2326 * 840 resolution at 60 Hz, central punch hole camera. Compared to the small 4.6 inches counterpart of the first generation, these are massive improvements.

At 25:9 aspect ratio, it might as well be considered an ultrawide display of smartphones. It delivers more information in terms of vertical viewing. Horizontal-wise, it is very suitable for some games.

When opened, there is a 7.6 inches, 5:4 aspect ratio Dynamic AMOLED 2X display at 120 Hz made up of UTG, came with a pre-installed membrane. On the right side, there is a central punch hole camera. All 4 sides are equal. 120Hz refresh rate. Both external and internal displays support HDR10+. Compared to the first-generation Fold, it is a big leap in terms of viewing experience. The crease is a little deeper, but it doesn’t really matter when looking right in front of it.

Turning to the exterior, the phone is now boxier than the first generation. The frame used frosted metal in hairline finish, giving it quite a business feel. The power button doubles as the fingerprint reader, and can be pressed. The back of the phone is a black shiny glass. For the golden version, AG frosted glass is used instead. The substantial camera bump is worth noticing as it makes the phone wobbles on the desk. However, it can easily be resolved by a case, only that no case is available for purchase at this time. The logo of Samsung is now moved to the middle of the hinge, which appears to be engraved instead of stuck on like the first generation. This is a big improvement.

This time, the phone is equipped with a Snapdragon 865+ processor. It came with 12GB RAM and 256 GB storage, which seems a little retrogressive. The phone supports Wifi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2 but, regrettably, it still only supports one SIM card. As before, it has a pair of stereo speakers but with expanded speaker grills. This is probably the loudest pair of speakers I have ever come across on a smartphone. [different phones’ volume were compared]

All 3 rear cameras are 12 megapixels. The main one is 1/1.76 MX555 while the remaining two only have mediocre specs. That being said, combining the all new hinge which can be stopped at any desired angle with the versatile software, it can be used in quite a lot of scenarios. For example, when placing the phone on the desk to shoot pictures or clips, double tapping the empty space can move the viewfinder to ease adjusting focal length and focus. You can also take pictures using the big screen in full and use the external display as the viewfinder. Besides, there is now a rear-camera-selfie mode, which is very convenient for taking pictures and shooting vlogs. We noted that when using this mode, the internal display won’t turn on even when we hit home, which also let us to improvise the phone for navigation in cars very steadily. If you have other good ideas, you are welcome to share them with us so that we can discuss together!

We also found that both the external and internal displays can work in all 4 directions, which is quite user friendly for lefty and those who just don’t care how the phone should be picked up.

The phone has double batteries, totaling 4500 mAh, which supports 25W fast charging and 11W fast wireless charging, and reverse wireless charging. 45W is, however, not supported in the test. The battery life is quite good. More specifics would be given after testing the production version.

In sum, Z Fold 2 improved many shortcomings of the Fold: Bigger screen, glass material, all new hinge. Durability and usability are largely improved. Putting a larger screen in the pocket is no longer a dream. Although there are still some regrets, we are still happy to pronounce it the flagship phone of 2020. This is because holding it is like holding the world.

Hope this video can stir some inspiration. Please hit like if you like this video. If you want to know more about the Z Fold 2, please let us know in the comment section. You are welcome to subscribe to our channel, we will bring more contents to you guys. Catch you in the next one, bye.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I need the Tab S7+ to get a release date already. Tablets are kind of passe at this point, but fukk it, I want one and my Shield Tablet isn't getting any younger :flabbynsick:

Reading comics and playing games on that bigger screen in Vivid mode is gonna be :wow: if my Note10+ was any indication.

8GB of RAM should be more than enough but for a rack, it should have 12 like my phone :manny:
#Shieldtabgang :mjcry:
Why won't Nvidia or Razr feed us with a decent android tablet?? My shield tablet died in 18' and i been looking for a suitable replacement.