Gable Steveson Thread: Signed to the Buffalo Bills…and cut before the season started

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeahhh looking back at the match, Gable got a longgggg way to go :francis:

Yeah Angle got shytted on when he debuted, but he had some mileage as a dorky oblivious gold medalist.

Gable on the other hand just looks misplaced. Like he has the look of a heel, but suppose to be a face, wearing a ugly ass tight onesie, and trying to be a rugged pretty boy next to Corbin who had to put in overtime to get the crowd to not kill the poor sap.

Either Alpha Academy, Chase U, or a changing gimmick because dude is WWE Main Event bound to endeavours.

He is on a DEVELOPMENT SHOW...like relax

Bron Breakker was getting boo'd like crazy before he turned heel and this has been Bron's best work

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I watched the match. It was pretty underwhelming, but it wasn't as bad as some people were making it out to be. Do I think he'll be a star? Absolutely not. Dude has absolutely no charisma whatsoever. I think he'll probably quit before he does anything noteworthy on the main roster. But if he keeps at it, I think his absolute ceiling is upper mid-carder like Ken Shamrock.

I hope one thing we can all agree on is that he won’t ever be much if he doesn’t do this full time. Kurt Angle was a full fledged pro wrestler immediately

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
On the latest episode of the Kurt Angle Show, the WWE Hall of Famer talked about WWE NXT’s Gable Steveson being compared to him due to them being Olympic Gold medalists, his 2003 WWE run, and more. You can check out some highlights below:

On Gable Steveson being compared to him: “Well I feel badly for him, because he’s been compared to me at this point in time. And he hasn’t even barely started. He just started right now. So I don’t know how his future is going to be. I know he’s talented, really athletic. I’m not sure how he is as far as entertainment-wise. But as far in the ring, I heard he’s really good. But no, I don’t think comparing him to me is a fair assessment to compare him to me right now. I think down the line, you can do that.

“But I heard — this is crazy, but people have been coming to me and telling me, ‘Hey, he wrestled Baron Corbin in NXT, and the fans were booing the heck out of him. And then he pulled his straps down, and the fans were even more pissed.’ And you know what? That is something that the WWE is actually doing. They understand, they want to make him a heel, so they will have him copy and mimic me. This is what I believe. I think they’re going to have him copy and mimic me so he can piss the fans off so that he starts as a heel, because it’s easier to be a heel starting than it is to be a babyface. They’re ones that actually told him to do this stuff. I really believe that, and I think the WWE is brilliant for doing it.”

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
On the latest episode of the Kurt Angle Show, the WWE Hall of Famer talked about WWE NXT’s Gable Steveson being compared to him due to them being Olympic Gold medalists, his 2003 WWE run, and more. You can check out some highlights below:

On Gable Steveson being compared to him: “Well I feel badly for him, because he’s been compared to me at this point in time. And he hasn’t even barely started. He just started right now. So I don’t know how his future is going to be. I know he’s talented, really athletic. I’m not sure how he is as far as entertainment-wise. But as far in the ring, I heard he’s really good. But no, I don’t think comparing him to me is a fair assessment to compare him to me right now. I think down the line, you can do that.

“But I heard — this is crazy, but people have been coming to me and telling me, ‘Hey, he wrestled Baron Corbin in NXT, and the fans were booing the heck out of him. And then he pulled his straps down, and the fans were even more pissed.’ And you know what? That is something that the WWE is actually doing. They understand, they want to make him a heel, so they will have him copy and mimic me. This is what I believe. I think they’re going to have him copy and mimic me so he can piss the fans off so that he starts as a heel, because it’s easier to be a heel starting than it is to be a babyface. They’re ones that actually told him to do this stuff. I really believe that, and I think the WWE is brilliant for doing it.”
I don't watch nxt like I should but I agree with Perc. He should be heel. Where is Damon Kemp? Drop the gimmick and let them be the Stevesons. Damon can talk and ham it up well enough to be his hype man while he gets it together.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
One thing that I find interesting is that people always compare Gable to Kurt Angle. They don't compare breh to Charlie Haas, Chad Gable, Jason Jordan, or any other "legit" wrestlers. Just Angle. Always Angle.
Even Gable Steveson's detractors (or haters, depending on what you want to call them) already subconsciously put him in league with one of the GOATs. Gable's getting the "rookie Kobie & Lebron already being compared to MJ" treatment, and that's a testament to breh's potential.
And before what I wrote gets misinterpreted, I am NOT saying that Gable Steveson will supplant Kurt Angle one day. I am saying, however, that the young brother has a ton of potential; and someday, Kurt Angle may be the guy who inducts him into the Hall of Fame.