FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
nikka it's only eps 3 and 4, the same ones the critics spoke on :childplease: and nikkas are gonna wanna watch it in HD next week cuz the quality on the leaks were straight ass
Dude really acting like we can't watch a 30 minute show in far better quality because we saw a shytty leak :russ:

This is what happens when you regurgitate tired rhetoric

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
This show kinda confirmed my thoughts on dating people with children.

Just watched the first episode, but the scene where he bed with his baby moms and she asks does he love her, then later she tells him he need to kick in on rent and she has a date tonight. That entire sequence had me like :what::martin::snoop:.

That muslim sandwich scene on the bus :dead:

that scene went from :ohhh: to :mindblown: in an instant.... what was the significance of that random shyt? :wtf:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That's not how ratings work. Youre not a critic, youre the audience. If you're not watching when it's airing or watching the official FX streams, then you hurt ratings. You can rationalize it any way you want.
nikka you tried to say rewatching an episode you already saw = PAYING for a CD of something you streamed for free :mjlol:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
and for the breh saying PaperBoi's actor wasn't charismatic, straight out Hiro's mouth

I think the rapper character in the show is a throwback to old Gucci, or Jeezy when he first started. He’s less of showman, and he realizes when he talks real shyt, people like it.

We had fun putting him in the New Atlanta scene, where he’s butting heads with that industry a little bit.

When you say New Atlanta, are you talking about Young Thug, Lil Yachty-type music, or the music everyone's been calling "trap?"

I think all of the above. There are just so many different pockets to that scene, but we wanted to approach it as someone who wasn’t born in that scene.

he was meant to be a regular street nikka, to have a :beli: type demeanor at alot of shyt and not too extra

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and for the breh saying PaperBoi's actor wasn't charismatic, straight out Hiro's mouth

he was meant to be a regular street nikka, to have a :beli: type demeanor at alot of shyt and not too extra
Even Ern told him he was gonna have a problem connecting with fans because he was too old, which means he's probably in his late 20s