FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
Love the series so far, but I think they could've used another actor who was a little more dynamic & charismatic to play Earn's cousin, "Paper Boi".

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I remember reading a Village Voice interview about 4 years ago with Donald talking about this show. So much time went by I thought FX scrapped it but damn did he deliver on his vision:wow:. I felt like I could fit right in with Earn, Paper, and Darius. Everything felt real and relatable.

What struck me was the dark moments wedged between the jokes.

-Bite this sandwich
-Don't let me down
-The crazy guy's screams after the cop clubbed him
-Kids playing with the toy gun
-"Gay" dude threatening to stab the old dude.
-Batman mask

If y'all watched Bino's videos directed by Hiro Murai they always have that creepy element and they brought that to Atlanta.

I'm wondering what happened with the shooting because Paperboy was looking nervous at the wing spot? It didn't go down how the waiter thought it did.

What happened at Princeton?:lupe:

He did a good job of hooking his audience with what the average person wants to see, comedy, violence, drama, but then getting much deeper with it with all types of symbolism and foreshadowing. There's a lot of shyt in here that I think will probably come into play later like that weird guy on the bus and what actually happened at the gas station (or why it happened for that matter) but if you don't really get deep into the mind of a director you can just take it at face value and enjoy it.

The only thing I kind of find a bit jarring is that it doesn't feel "real" enough because of the way it's filmed. All types of movie shadowing and camera editing was done to give it this dark look but I don't think that's what this should've went for. :yeshrug:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Missed out live this week but Imma be here next week. :salute:

This show is amazing, love the overall vibe and it ain't too try hard with the humour. It's subtle but has a lot of weight especially with dudes in the background adding bits of dialogue like with them saying they gonna put paper boy on worldstar or the dudes in jay calling breh gay :pachaha:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
tumblr_od5q2v2izR1u242soo1_250.gif
tumblr_od5q2v2izR1u242soo2_250.gif

tumblr_od5q2v2izR1u242soo3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_od5q2v2izR1u242soo4_250.gif

:dead:

Daps
Me and the person who I was working under had already started working a show a couple weeks before he got the call for Atlanta.

Episodes 3 & 4 are :blessed::blessed:

Guest appearances gone have yall :mjlol::gladbron:
so how did all 4 of them end up leaking? was it for critics or what?

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
Love the series so far, but I think they could've used another actor who was a little more dynamic & charismatic to play Earn's cousin, "Paper Boi".
I think that's kinda the point of his character though. He's not really a rapper type of guy he's just trying to make money. Plus he's not really about the hardcore street shyt.

You can tell he's dealing with the internal conflict of having to keep up a persona

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
I think that's kinda the point of his character though. He's not really a rapper type of guy he's just trying to make money. Plus he's not really about the hardcore street shyt.

You can tell he's dealing with the internal conflict of having to keep up a persona

Paper Boi's character based on the shows storyline is fine, it's the actual actor & his unspirited acting that I have a problem with.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
watched the first episode to see what all the coli buzz was all about and was highly disappointed with this hot :trash:

negative images and dysfunctional situations from start to finish

my top ten observations ..... stay woke fam!

• baby mama drama ... and a woman having more power and responsibility than the baby boy
  • you're gonna have to pay rent if you're gonna stay here. she got a date tonight? sharing his bm!
  • another song bout slinging dope in 2016
  • mouthy hoodrat instigating a beef between two brehs instead of keeping her mouth shut and kim.
  • shooting another breh over a hoodrat.
  • not allowed in your parents home? wtf!
  • they got a culture vulture hipster dj throwing the n-word in his face, that has influence on what gets airplay.
  • got cray cray so-called NOI character gibbering nonsense.
  • two c00ns sitting out in a cow pasture in the hot ATL sun supposedly watching over business Ala the wire
  • mature aged thot, thoting in the airport

Last edited: