FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It doesn't. But Donald pretty much IS Atlanta. He's the head writer, producer, star, and sometimes director. So literally NOTHING can be done without his direct consent. So that holds up important facets of production such as script writing, story charting, table reads, rehearsals, etc.
They writing season 2 right now, I really think the show will be back by this exact time next year. Which would only be year long wait.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dudes wanting an overarching storyline need to get with the fact right now that he's not trying to do a traditional style show. You'll enjoy it a lot more once you accept that. Just take it for what it is.

Edit: :mjgrin: has me :laff: every time I see it

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
i'm starting to think all these subplots don't even matter in the grand scheme of things. I think donald glover already knows how the whole series is gonna play out. I got a feeling dude is gonna die in the series finale. he's gonna come up, make it. move on to the family life and finally be happy. and then it all gets taken away. that's just my gut feeling:yeshrug:.....to show how all these lives lost in the hood aren't just numbers....it's real people living real lives. fathers, brothers, sisters just trying to survive and get better.

The series does a great job of balancing comedy and drama. when they were in the car waiting for his jacket it felt like they were gonna get shot up at any moment. it's crazy how the show can go from gut wrenching comedy one moment to legit suspense the very next. this is some great television.

I have similar thoughts.

I see people sad about Earn living in a storage unit but I'm like that's real life. :dwillhuh: You guys already know he's broke. Just a few minutes ago everyone just saw cops murder a running suspect.

Real life is not a straightforward trajectory of point A to point B.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
It's like dudes never seen Californication.

giphy.gif

:ufdup: Don't you bring that evil on this show. That fall-off....

I get what you're saying tho

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Nice ending to the season... I'm also a fan of cliffhangers but it would have been nice to have at least one of the storylines tied up for this season to go into the next.... I expect gambino to rehash each open ended story and not just move on to other scripts in season 2....:sas1: