FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I got a feeling the white dude wasn't down with his wife self hate when he called Paper Boi a thug. It's scary there are white folks like that out here collecting African artifacts and studying black folks "what tribe are you from" like damn if we created racism would we be out here studying white folks "what type of European are you? Alpine or Saxon?" :dame:
I know a white cat and he's a pretty good contact who teaches African and Diaspora Studies in Ohio. He came and spoke to my group before I left for South Africa. First question he asks is "what's the major influence that's ruined the African continent". Mind you, I'm the ONLY black dude in the group. Everyone's giving all types of answers and he just halts them all and just says "WHITE PEOPLE". And not just say it, he elongated that shyt like Tupac when he said enemies/Hennessy. Class was a mixture of :stopitslime::ohhh::hubie:

Me: :francis:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
on some real shyt brehs, this series is great entertainment for most of us cause its the life most of us live and gives us something to reflect and relate on cause it truly captures the black experience.
However, taking a step back an looking at retrospectively ATLANTA really depicts how depressing and tough the black American experience can be. :mjcry:

- Episode 1: Crabs in the bucket, when ol buddy kicked off Paperboi's headlights, just straight up hating. :smh:
- Episode 2: the entire jail sequence, and how easy it is for nikkas to get locked over bullshyt and how processing is one giant hustle that feeds off blacks.
- Episode 3: Dealing with young broken families
- Episode 4: Social media bullshyt and certain hood conditions.
- Episode 5: dealing with the many different levels of racism and CACs in general from slick racist comments, to straight up culture appropriation.
- Episode 6: how empty most women's lives are. And the pitfalls of trying to have a lil fun while trying to keep a straight edge job.
- Episode 7: The whole trans agenda and how folks want to piggyback off our struggle to promote their own, yet don't show us the same empathy
- Episode 8: The several pitfalls associated to the club scene from fraudulent IG thots, to shady promoters, to bouncers front to the inevitable gun shots.

This show does a great job of showing our pain without making so obvious while at the same time not making light of the situation. Pure Brilliance. :whew:
On Ep 1. Don't forget the cac who said nikka but when he got around hood nikkas, he got shook

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
latest episode was weak as fukk, actually any episode including van just doesn't do it for me. Miss me with that retro spectro episode also (he better on youtube imo).