FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
shyt WILD

I wouldn't have made it past the Cac dapping me. I am NOT built for upper class
Trust, it's difficult as fukk in those circles. And I have to deal with Euro CAC high society types on top of American ones. The coli keeps me grounded :obama: And they try to be slick with they shyt. "So tell me, what's your open thoughts on what is happening back in America with police and blacks" as they all slowly lean in. I just :leostare: and excuse myself. Never fails. Every gala or black tie function I've been to follows the same script

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Damn this show for making me feel sorry for that goofy ass cac at the end. His enthusiasm for black culture throughout was obnoxious but I found it to be genuine by episodes end. "Stop being so likable" was so on point

NEVER feel sorry for someone who is in a position of racial and economic privilege over you.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Great episode. Some seem to prefer the more jokey, invisible car, stuff but I love how they can do that yet come right back with some social commentary. What other show is sending shots at Jack n Jill and mega church preachers. You see that reaction to the valets being in the house? They always nail the subtleties.

You know there's a bunch of pretentious, liberal cacs watching the episode feeling uncomfortable.

I haven't been to Africa because I'm broke :wow:

No one noticed the white dude was Omega Psi Phi?:heh:

Atlanta_S01_E09_Xvi_D_AFG_www_Rapid_Movie_Z_com_avi.jpg

MLK looking at the picture like :martin:
damn...i missed that shot :laugh:

overall the episode was just aight to me, kinda wiffed on it's attempt to go at the issues that were present in the episode.