FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"Jim Crowe was a ghost......but I am a man......I don't want to be in a electronic appliance...." :laff:

This was hard to watch lol so uncomfortable, as an often extreme introvert, with high level of contempt for stupidity, the absurdity of the 1%, I understand, but you have to be smarter then to burn bridges...I may wear Zanotti's and do well for myself, but I leave spots like that with Yo Gotti in my headphones, you have to be able to move in those crowds, even if some aspects of it, or some people disgust you, I've met a lot of really cool, good people, who are incredibly affluent, when people like you, and respect you, they will help you....The key is to always stand on your own, and always be providing something, (humor, knowledge, a product) never have your hand out, like many people that leech onto rich, famous people, and they will ask what they can ever do for you.....Though, some of that shyt from Craig was condescending as fukk....

Last edited:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
:whoo: This episode was real af, if you ever spent time around bougie relatives this shyt is the truth.

The Oakland Hills got that Jack and Jill crowd and the whole nine yards, I went to one of their socials once and a couple bougie non profit fundraising events :scust: All that was missing from this episode was the faux social justice conversations about how much they "donated" at the last charity auction where they bid $5,000+ on imitation traditional african statuettes and ceramics to make empty statements about how their fetishizing of pan africanism somehow connects them more to their roots than the so called ignorant nikkas they're donating their money to in the first place :deadmanny:

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I get why they weren't in the episode, but Darius and Paper Boi being at the party would have made it hilarious.

I bet rich white dude would have had all of Paper Boi's mixtapes :skip:. Paper Boi could have helped him out on his poetry :pachaha:, rich white dude could have shown him the proper way to roll a blunt :troll:.

That play about people being trapped in the strip club :ohhh:

Season finale next week :bryan:, season went by quick.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
"Jim Crowe was a ghost......but I am a man......I don't want to be in a electronic appliance...." :laff:

This was hard to watch lol so uncomfortable, as an often extreme introvert, with high level of contempt for stupidity, the absurdity of the 1%, I understand, but you have to be smarter then to burn bridges...I may wear Zanotti's and do well for myself, but I leave spots like that with Yo Gotti in my headphones, you have to be able to move in those crowds, even if some aspects of it, or some people disgust you, I've met a lot of really cool, good people, who are incredibly affluent, when people like you, and respect you, they will help you....The key is to always stand on your own, and always be providing something, (humor, knowledge, a product) never have your hand out, like many people that leech onto rich, famous people, and they will ask what they can ever do for you.....Though, some of that shyt from Craig was condescending as fukk....

Earn burning the bridge is a plot device and is what makes the show interesting. The average person in that situation would have simply endured the evening.