FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
She's bi racial, I might've posted pics of her white grandparents she put on her Instagram.

So you don't think a dude meeting one of his hoes didn't tell his friend that they were meeting one of his hoes and the friend she brought for him:stopitslime:

nikkas being purposefully obtuse. Just let him rock with his agenda.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
breh, that exchange was not an indictment on black women. It was an indictment on Val.

Earn's struggles are not an indictment against Black men, its an indictment on Earn.

You can relate to stuff, but this show is not making social commentary with regards to the characters. shyt like the dude with mental illness getting arrested every week and then beaten down by the police is social commentary. The stuff around them shows that, but I doubt the Glover brothers and the writers are on a "black woman aint shyt" agenda like you want to believe.

ZACTLY, i took her saying "I'm better than that" as "I'm not gonna be your sidekick while you hanging out with nikkas who pay for p*ssy cuz his breh is prolly thinking i'm a jump off too, like YOU."

nothing more, nothing less :yeshrug:

Last edited:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
she cant think that. SHe went out on a date and left slim with the baby.

If she does, that would be pretty disappointing. (in that its cliche)
She's already admitted she feels as much at dinner.

In my opinion, the greatest point of the episode is when Van and her friend start yelling at each other. Think of the conversation:
Friend: You used to make fun of girls like you
:damn:

Van: You don't think I date too. You don't think I know my value. You think Earn is out here chasing girls and I'm at home alone. I'm doing my thing too. (paraphrasing)

The naive :salute:stupid shyt like that. But those of us who understand what the finish line looks like hear that and go " :childplease: is that a win for you? That's so fukkn childish."

THAT reply shows you how immature her mind state is.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I got a boy like you... I swear y'all nikkas are the worst. :russ:

It's almost like he refuses to watch shyt I suggest cause he doesn't want to give me credit for it.

Lol I can't speak for him but for me it's just I don't do anything just because. I have to really want to do it and normally it's not because of other people. Any artist I listen to it's because I just stumbled onto them. Not because they were hot. I don't give a flying fukk about who's hot or what's hot. I do what I want