FX's Donald Glover Sitcom "Atlanta" Season 1 thread

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
Man that shyt was fire:mj:
DG needs to bless us:blessed:

Yo who has the song from the episode tonight? shyt was jamming Gambino did his thing. :stylin:

I need the song that was playing at the end :wow:

I need dat cdq of the fake Justin Bieber joint

Part of me hates that he was kinda pushed out of music and labeled a cornball by the industry (when ironically it was being taken over by a bigger cornball in Drake)

But then it was probably for the better since he's obviously channeling that experience in these episodes and he wouldn't be able to touch on these subjects in music that he gets to in this TV series.

Wild, he basically made a legitimate crossover pop track for a skit at the end of a TV episode. They need to put out a Season 1 soundtrack of the Current Music + New Material he created for the show. The soundtrack is HBO levels of good.

edit: apparently he's still doing random internet puzzles. he leaked the track on a random soundcloud days before the ep dropped.

Last edited:

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
WBVOrcR.gif

zTa0NdG.png

"Yo we drunk, but this is ridiculous"

That shyt had me dying

Forlife44

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall watch the exrras on the fx app?

I like the show but y'all need to stop with this all black show shyt. The 2 ep's are a white man and woman and the director is Asian.

The dude playing paper boy is a good actor because he sounds like ej Johnson in real life.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Part of me hates that he was kinda pushed out of music and labeled a cornball by the industry (when ironically it was being taken over by a bigger cornball in Drake)

But then it was probably for the better since he's obviously channeling that experience in these episodes and he wouldn't be able to touch on these subjects in music that he gets to in this TV series.

Wild, he basically made a legitimate crossover pop track for a skit at the end of a TV episode. They need to put out a Season 1 soundtrack of the Current Music + New Material he created for the show. The soundtrack is HBO levels of good.

edit: apparently he's still doing random internet puzzles. he leaked the track on a random soundcloud days before the ep dropped.

It's basically already on Tidal, it gets updated every week.
https://tidal.com/playlist/9dea0865-3259-417a-b769-e9c8e709990e

Another great episode this week !

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yall watch the exrras on the fx app?

I like the show but y'all need to stop with this all black show shyt. The 2 ep's are a white man and woman and the director is Asian.

The dude playing paper boy is a good actor because he sounds like ej Johnson in real life.
The cast is 99.9% black :martin:

Most of the writers are black

There isnt a "black" way to direct a show so i dont see how Murai being asian plays a part in any of this:stopitslime:

he directed most of binos videos before this so it makes sense he'd work with someone who understands his vision