FX & Donald Glover present Atlanta Season 2: Atlanta Robbin' Season

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think that whatever happened at Princeton is what made Earn what he is today. He seems like he's never recovered and has lost all confidence which has affected his decision making. This episode just highlights the way he's always isolated. Whether it's with Darius, PB, Van, his family, county jail, the club, he doesn't fit in anywhere.

I hope we get a Princeton flashback episode this season.
That’s a VERY good observation. Never thought about you that possibility:ohhh:

From the original Pilot Script that leaked its kind of implied that

Maybe a girl accused him of rape or something inappropriate conduct

I'd be interested in seeing that :ohhh:

I mean something lifechanging had to happen to go from having the grades to get into Princeton, having his life set to ending up on the streets assed out.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Bruh....Earn is sleeping in a storage unit

storage_unit.jpg

What does this do with nikkas on here overrating Van because of her looks? :dahell:

Earn is a trash character too. :scust: at both of their decision making

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I watched the last episode twice and just wasn't feeling it like the rest of the season.

I'd probably rank it as my least favorite episode of the series.

It did remind me of a big argument I had with my wife a few years ago so it had that going for it....

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Bruh....Earn is sleeping in a storage unit

storage_unit.jpg
Yet he's getting thousands of dollars. Him choosing to stay in storage unit is his decision. Not out of necessity. The storage unit was a representation of his hesitation to commit to Van. His distance to the relationship now was manifested some time ago in the storage unit. Had nothing to do with money. Everything to do with the relationship.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Donald on Twitter right now going at Marvel’s neck for canceling Deadpool:ohhh:

In the script, Deadpool talks with the rhino and wonders aloud why the show was pulled, asking if it could have been “cause of racism?!”

All the writers were black,” he continues. “And the references were pretty black too. I heard they went over the lunch budget ordering Jamaican food at least once a week.”

“It just feels like everyone wants something different, but no one wants to do anything different to get it. Doesn’t Marvel have enough feel-good minority shows everyone supports but doesn’t watch? I mean, I think our show woulda been funny. I just wanted a place to be honest. And I guess that place is Freeform.”

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Okay, so I watched episode 4. Kudos to the writing staff. Forget the laughs (or lack thereof) for a moment. This type of show has never ever been done with black characters before. Just that alone, makes it refreshing. It's brilliant. And as someone who speaks a little German, the bartender wasn't out of pocket, but Van has got to know carrying on a conversation in another language with someone while your significant other looks on, completely disconnected from it is going to make them feel some kind of way. That shyt was just rude.

Lastly, Michael Vick was in Episode 3 racing mofos outside of a strip club. I mean, c'mon. :gladbron::blessed:
Exactly. Theres more to the show than laughs which is what I love about it. As far as the ep, whatever dude talking about making his girl miserable is a simp ass nikka. As you said, she has him in an environment that she KNOWS he will not be comfortable in. Use a bit of discretion in how bothered you can be by taking your man to a place that he will be automatically out of place regardless of who he is, and even more-so because of who he is. Then make it a bigger issue for him by further alienating him like in the bar scene. Thts not to say that Earn isnt at fault (losing the ping pong game) a bit but thats only when he is fed up. He made a second effort after talking to the guy about spending time with her regardless and he suggested the table tennis match. It just didnt work out.

I liked the episode because its a real illustration of relationships where most times, it really is someone's fault that things dont work but both people still played a part in why it didnt work. The "who's more at fault" game is pointless after the fact. Van sowed these seeds in the first season when she was fukking with other dudes, parading them in front of Earn while trying to play house with him at the same time. I knew then that it would be the start of Earn falling back and not investing emotionally in her. She may have had her reasons to be with other guys but she was a bytch to do it like that. Thats why I wasnt surprised at all at Earn getting the storage unit and distancing himself. Nor am I surprised that them getting back together after June-teenth would result in Earn not really being all in with Van. This is a culmination of that arc for them. Its good writing and more importantly, natural.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Exactly. Theres more to the show than laughs which is what I love about it. As far as the ep, whatever dude talking about making his girl miserable is a simp ass nikka. As you said, she has him in an environment that she KNOWS he will not be comfortable in. Use a bit of discretion in how bothered you can be by taking your man to a place that he will be automatically out of place regardless of who he is, and even more-so because of who he is. Then make it a bigger issue for him by further alienating him like in the bar scene. Thts not to say that Earn isnt at fault (losing the ping pong game) a bit but thats only when he is fed up. He made a second effort after talking to the guy about spending time with her regardless and he suggested the table tennis match. It just didnt work out.

I liked the episode because its a real illustration of relationships where most times, it really is someone's fault that things dont work but both people still played a part in why it didnt work. The "who's more at fault" game is pointless after the fact. Van sowed these seeds in the first season when she was fukking with other dudes, parading them in front of Earn while trying to play house with him at the same time. I knew then that it would be the start of Earn falling back and not investing emotionally in her. She may have had her reasons to be with other guys but she was a bytch to do it like that. Thats why I wasnt surprised at all at Earn getting the storage unit and distancing himself. Nor am I surprised that them getting back together after June-teenth would result in Earn not really being all in with Van. This is a culmination of that arc for them. Its good writing and more importantly, natural.

To be honest, I really want to see the backstory on Van's parents and parochial environment. Because how she ended up being considered a "baby mama" as she put it, seems out there. This is a bi-racial woman, who has fully black female friends who all seem to date white, while she is with broke, bummy Earn. That in and of itself is fascinating. I mean, Van speaks fluent German for chrissake.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest

In the script, Deadpool talks with the rhino and wonders aloud why the show was pulled, asking if it could have been “cause of racism?!”

All the writers were black,” he continues. “And the references were pretty black too. I heard they went over the lunch budget ordering Jamaican food at least once a week.”

“It just feels like everyone wants something different, but no one wants to do anything different to get it. Doesn’t Marvel have enough feel-good minority shows everyone supports but doesn’t watch? I mean, I think our show woulda been funny. I just wanted a place to be honest. And I guess that place is Freeform.”
"All I said was Marvel was trying to sell toys to seven-year-old boys and 50-year-old pedophiles.":russ:

Aye I really respect bino. He ain't afraid to spit that ether

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk

Disney straight up shut his account down :ohhh:

This is the only place I could find the full script
Donald Glover Brilliantly Mocks 'Deadpool' Cancellation with Hilarious Script Pages

Last edited: