Future “as a artist” > Drake, J.Cole & Kendrick Lamar

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
This here.

Dude has spent 12-13 years making the same three songs over and over again. And I dig a lot of dude's music, but we gotta stop acting like homie is groundbreaking and mad creative. He's always been a one-trick pony. Definitely not a better artist than Kendrick.

Do you fools listen to music or skim thru it? :mjlol:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Do you fools listen to music or skim thru it? :mjlol:

Yeah, because all the millions of Future tracks I've heard have deeper meanings that I didn't catch listening to them thousands of times. Y'all n*ggas is hilarious.

b3a7d9e672a50a94d7fb43ed8937b1e1693b283a.gif

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Yeah, because all the millions of Future tracks I've heard have deeper meanings that I didn't catch listening to them thousands of times. Y'all n*ggas is hilarious.

b3a7d9e672a50a94d7fb43ed8937b1e1693b283a.gif
making the same three songs is not the same as making songs with deeper meanings :mjlol: we agree that Future don’t talk about shyt, but his music is sonically diverse. shyt FUTURE/HNDRX alone invalidates your point, so again: do you listen to music or do you just skim thru it? Tell me how Neva End, Just Like Bruddas and My Collection sound even remotely the same. I’m waiting :unimpressed:

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
making the same three songs is not the same as making songs with deeper meanings :mjlol: we agree that Future don’t talk about shyt, but his music is sonically diverse. shyt FUTURE/HNDRX alone invalidates your point, so again: do you listen to music or do you just skim thru it? Tell me how Neva End, Just Like Bruddas and My Collection sound even remotely the same. I’m waiting :unimpressed:

Again, you just typed a bunch of your sh*t that's your opinion. Right?

I f*ck with dude's music, but I know what I'm getting with it. His catalogue ain't diverse to me. That's it.

So you seeing other dudes have a different opinion shouldn't bother you, bro. A lot of people think dude is mad one dimensional. This thread ain't gonna be the first or last time you see or hear that. So get used to other people saying how they see sh*t, even if you don’t like it. Don't get upset when other n*ggas say sh*t about how they feel about music they listened to mad times. Think for yourself.

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem

I f*ck with dude's music, but I know what I'm getting with it. His catalogue ain't diverse to me. That's it.

So you seeing other dudes have a different opinion shouldn't bother you, bro. A lot of people think dude is mad one dimensional. This thread ain't gonna be the first or last time you see or hear that. So get used to other people saying how they see sh*t, even if you don’t like it. Don't get upset when other n*ggas say sh*t about how they feel about music they listened to mad times. Think for yourself.
Tell me how Neva End, Just Like Bruddas and My Collection sound even remotely the same. I’m waiting :unimpressed:
still waiting :unimpressed:

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
still waiting :unimpressed:

Three random Future tracks.

All of which, I've played a million times.

Take those three tracks, you mean to tell me you don’t think any of those three sound like ANY other songs in dude's catalogue? You really believe those three songs are outliers and original sounding and he never made sh*t over 12-13 years that sounds exactly like any of those songs?

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Three random Future tracks.

All of which, I've played a million times.

Take those three tracks, you mean to tell me you don’t think any of those three sound like ANY other songs in dude's catalogue? You really believe those three songs are outliers and original sounding and he never made sh*t over 12-13 years that sounds exactly like any of those songs?
Breh, I know you don’t think ima prove your point for you :mjlol: if there are tracks that sound exactly the same as those three you need to post them or stfu. Tick tock :unimpressed:

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Breh, I know you don’t think ima prove your point for you :mjlol: if there are tracks that sound exactly the same as those three you need to post them or stfu. Tick tock :unimpressed:

I don’t have a point to prove.

You threw out three random tracks that sound like 108 other Future joints over the past 8-9 years. You did the work yourself. We can post another 72 Future tracks, and they'll sound exactly like the three you posted.

This isn't about "proving" anything. You're trying too hard to get validation. From who? I don’t know. But just like other people have said in this thread alone, I like Future, but he's one dimensional. If you want to act like he's spent 13 years making a bunch of sh*t that sounds different, then that's you. Enjoy. But you're not gonna change the minds of the rest of us who hear what we're hearing.

Don’t be such a follower. Have an opinion of your own, and don’t get mad when other people don’t share it. That's loser sh*t.

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
*says Future makes the same songs over and over*

*can’t post three songs that sound like the songs I posted*

Yeah we done here. :russell:

You gotta chill, fam.

If I agree with a poster on here on some music sh*t, and post an opinion, that’s not an invitation for you to hop on my d*ck and let me know how badly my opinion on music upset you. Don’t embarrass yourself like that. You’re way too caught up in what I think. And I don’t know you. Keep it moving.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
But it also doesn't mean that just because you can party to it that it isn't quality. That's pretty much this whole argument. Everything has its place. Future can be great, but there's a reason why he isn't in these conversations. I never got why people frown on the Nelly's or Missy Elliotts of the world on here. They made great music, but they weren't teyjng to be lyricists or great MC's. They made fun music. And with Missy, given she wrote and produced for other artists, she's artistically better than a lot of her peers. She rapped and sang. Same with Nelly. Same with Future. Doesn't mean she was in the same conversations as Nas, Jay, Biggie, Pac, etc. Same goes for Future in regard to Kendrick, Cole, and Drake.

Ain't nothing wrong with party music. Biggie is one of the best to ever do it and he could do it all.

And Future gets the party lit. In all other aspects he falls short, bar the classic run he had a few years ago.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

There’s factual options, and then there’s the stuff you’re saying. Once again, you dudes are gonna have to give examples instead of just spewing out nonsense and claiming OTHER people are upset. Hard doesn’t not sound like Wesley Pressly, which doesn’t sound like Magic, which doesn’t sound like Itchin, which doesn’t sound like Turn On The Lights, which doesn’t sound like Hallucinating, with doesn’t sound like Like That, and I could go on for another paragraph. See how easy it was for me to give you examples just like I did in the Lil Baby thread (an artist that ACTUALLY makes the same song over and over)? You’re the one who should probably be thinking for yourself instead of sticking with a dated baseless talking point that would come from a 55 year old dude with a podcast.