Fukk that other thread...FOXCATCHER IS GOOD

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Foxcatcher' subject Mark Schultz goes on tirade against director Bennett Miller
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention...t-director-bennett-miller#FlDZ74qDb5Uqkq9u.99

Yesterday Mark Schultz, played by Channing Tatum in the film, took to Facebook for a lengthy screed detailing beat for beat what is inaccurate in the film. After running through that laundry list, regarding a film he obviously saw months and months and months ago, he then took umbrage with an undercurrent of homosexuality that some critics have read into the text of the film.

"The personalities and relationships between the characters in the film are primarily fiction and somewhat insulting," Schultz wrote. "Leaving the audience with a feeling that somehow there could have been a sexual relationship between duPont and I [sic] is a sickening and insulting lie. I told Bennett Miller to cut that scene out and he said it was to give the audience the feeling that duPont was encroaching on your privacy and personal space. I wasn't explicit so I didn't have a problem with it. Then after reading 3 or 4 reviews interpreting it sexually, and jeopardizing my legacy, they need to have a press conference to clear the air, or I will."

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention...t-director-bennett-miller#FlDZ74qDb5Uqkq9u.99

B6NFqvcCEAA-Zi9.png

I thought DuPont was smashing. There's a scene where it looks that way. Movie was fire though.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Is brehs really comparing movie excellence known as There will be Blood with this movie? :wtf:
The audacity!!:ufdup:Stop. that. shyt. right. now.

Is the official movie thread of this movie or nah? :lupe:

My whole impression of this movie was :dahell:., in the sense of I am not sure how to feel.

I was thinking, yeah it was creepy, but if Fincher directed this, the creep factor would be so good. :banderas:

I felt the movie was very one note, if someone outside of the circle (the brothers) was like "that du pont guy is kind of weird right" then it would set the tone, but everyone went about their business. I am glad I am not the only one who like this movie is kind of wild mango. Was the Du Pont guy obsessed with ol'boy in a sexual way? Obsessed in general? Wanted to be father/mentor/lover/friend?? to him??
Why were they watching UFC at 8 in the morning? Why did ol'boy color his hair? :dahell:
The most interesting parts of the movie was the Du Pont family, if they made a movie about that, I would watch it. They are borderline demonic filth, making their money through wars. Being buddy buddy with Delaware state police. How many crimes did they cover up?

I wish there was more character development that is all. :manny:

I don't think Carrell is going to win an Oscar for this, and I don't think this movie is oscar worthy.

ETA: Mark Schultz basically says the movie is wrong and hot garbage and I believe him.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/01/mar...over-depiction-of-sexual-relationship-in-film

Last edited:

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
I really wish I didn't google the real story before watching

movie was still okay, I would suggest it

buy don't google the story :whoa:

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
I didn't like it. I like character studies and can deal with no action but the pacing/editing was poor. They also missed an opportunity to explore du Pont's decline into madness.

It's a quiet movie. I think watching American movies makes you used to hamfisted story telling.

Secondly, it wasn't as much a story of decline into madness as it was a story about a bomb waiting to go off. Du Pont was mad from the very beginning of the film. He a broken man and the movie took it's time exploring his various jagged edges. The staged wrestling match. That gay scene with him wrestling tatum in the dark. The horses. The coaching. Etc.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess my previous knowledge of the situation heightened my expectations. Du Pont was way crazier than they portrayed and his mother had little to do with it. The family's long history of inbreeding and his schizophrenia was downplayed. He also did some key things that would have made the final act more compelling and problematic. It was too black & white for me. Schultz & everyone on that farm knew du Pont was out of his mind and they chose to ignore it. The film plays his final act like a big departure from his mildly eccentric personality. I dunno, it just didn't work for me.

The shooting was a departure, but I wouldn't say big departure. Du Pont was more than mildly eccentric before that. A lot of what happened wasn't explicit and was beneath the surface, in looks and the feeling the movie gives off in certain scenes.

I thought it was great. Tatum seemed like a Raging Bull impression at first but eventually I got into his character and thought he was good. Ruffalo and Carrell were great.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It's a quiet movie. I think watching American movies makes you used to hamfisted story telling.

Secondly, it wasn't as much a story of decline into madness as it was a story about a bomb waiting to go off. Du Pont was mad from the very beginning of the film. He a broken man and the movie took it's time exploring his various jagged edges. The staged wrestling match. That gay scene with him wrestling tatum in the dark. The horses. The coaching. Etc.

Eh, Ida and Amour are excellent examples of quiet storytelling (and they're both foreign too). This was just slow and tedious for me.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Foxcatcher' subject Mark Schultz goes on tirade against director Bennett Miller

Yesterday Mark Schultz, played by Channing Tatum in the film, took to Facebook for a lengthy screed detailing beat for beat what is inaccurate in the film. After running through that laundry list, regarding a film he obviously saw months and months and months ago, he then took umbrage with an undercurrent of homosexuality that some critics have read into the text of the film.

"The personalities and relationships between the characters in the film are primarily fiction and somewhat insulting," Schultz wrote. "Leaving the audience with a feeling that somehow there could have been a sexual relationship between duPont and I [sic] is a sickening and insulting lie. I told Bennett Miller to cut that scene out and he said it was to give the audience the feeling that duPont was encroaching on your privacy and personal space. I wasn't explicit so I didn't have a problem with it. Then after reading 3 or 4 reviews interpreting it sexually, and jeopardizing my legacy, they need to have a press conference to clear the air, or I will."

B6NFqvcCEAA-Zi9.png

i was :dead: at dude going in on the director and the film "i hate it i hate it i hate it" :deadrose:

@kp404