fukk Sony for trying to piggyback off of the MCU.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I’m not here for the Marvel vs DC Stan war shyt:lolbron:

You my homey and it’s jokes….

So I’m here for the Sony vs Xbox Stan war shyt:mjlit:

Yea, we outside the Arcadium Universe, but the Coli Multiverse…… Sony can still get it:shaq:

Xbox>Sony:mjgrin:
That shyt don't even make sense :mjlol:

I actually like Microsoft.... Just don't fukk wit Larrybox :lolbron:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How did Marvel not have a way for the deal to expire at some point? :mindblown:

They got hussled hard

it only expires, if Sony doesn’t make a movie after a certain amount of years. That’s why you kept seeming reboots from all non mcu properties. And this deal was made in 1995, before comic book movies was even a thing outside of Batman.

AKA Stan's fault :rip:

:yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I said it in the Spiderman thread but ill say it here too: Marvel makes the creative decisions for the spider-man movies. thats on record, that's said by multiple parties, including people on set who do set visits and who gets interviewed.

Kevin Feige, the ruler of the world, executive produced the first four spider-man movies. So it makes all the sense in the world he would bring in things from that universe that he helped create.

So this idea that Sony is bullying them or that they're putting their peanut butter in Marvel's chocolate is foolish and silly.

Also this:

Church

The fact that Feige has been involved with Marvel movie productions since the beginning (Original X-men) is a fact few people know. That includes the turds ladies and gentlemen.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
it only expires, if Sony doesn’t make a movie after a certain amount of years. That’s why you kept seeming reboots from all non mcu properties. And this deal was made in 1995, before comic book movies was even a thing outside of Batman.

Yeah I get that but stupid to put all the power in Sony's hands. Should have been a set number of films or number of years. Could always re-up if you need to or find someone willing to pay more. I know they were about to go bankrupt but these deals look terrible in hindsight

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I get that but stupid to put all the power in Sony's hands. Should have been a set number of films or number of years. Could always re-up if you need to or find someone willing to pay more. I know they were about to go bankrupt but these deals look terrible in hindsight
Can’t do that when you’re going bankrupt.
These contracts were made when marvel needed money to stay in business in the 90s.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Yep. This movie might legit be the first 2 billion dollar movie.... had we not been in the middle of the pandemic :ufdup:
basically the head of the spiderman franchise in sony was pitching the Sinister six idea to their executives.
The plan was to
have the amazing spiderman 2
a sinister six movie
an aunt may movie
and then a movie with spiderman fighting the sinisiter six
below is one i found where they say sinister six could make 2 billion dollars and then they'll use andrew garfield spiderman in civil war but then have him in 2 more films. than an emma stone film with her as spider-gwen. then a Tobey vs andrew film

They've been sitting on these plans for a while. it's almost motivating to see them be achieved right now
edit found one WikiLeaks - Sony Archives

Last edited:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Can’t do that when you’re going bankrupt.
These contracts were made when marvel needed money to stay in business in the 90s.

yeah, so the stans (no lee) should be mad at themselves

or just not care...it's just a fukking movie.

unless the op has any real personal stake (he doesn't), he shouldn't give two shyts.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
fukk SONY!!

and fukk THE DIAZ BROTHERS!!!

IgqBGTV.png

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I’m with you but only with the new shyt
No really gives a fukk about Möbius or kraven without Spider-Man :mjlol::mjlol:
Venom could go out of the trash too but i think Tom hardy is doing a good job
Notice after Venom did well they started playing hardball
Peter is still in high school because Kevin fiege wants Spider-Man to have a Harry Potter like growth
If they take away Spider-Man after no way home (which is rumored right now) watch it all fall down

Noone knows what they want until they get it.

I mean if venom could work without spider man, I think kraven could definitely. shyt have him hunting an out of control John Jameson around New York or even lizard

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
If Sony said they were doing a Spidey 4 from the Raimi series people would be hype.
yeah I would but I bet if you ask a 13 year old if they would watch I bet they're not excited
For example I'm not excited about Micheal Keaton batman being in flashpoint at all because I never grew up with that batman