fukk Sony for trying to piggyback off of the MCU.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yeah true but I think it’s funny how this all ties perfectly with the MCU’s approach to the multiverse
Sony has been trying to make the sinister six and spider verse movie for almost a decade but the problem was no one would be excited for it.
Now they get their sinister six movie and spider verse movie with an anticipating audience that has been warmed up with Wandavision and Loki

I disagree because Doc Ock and Green Goblin outshined Mysterio and Vulture..

MCU villains wasn't hittin like Sony. :manny:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I don't agree. They def can do it again. Too many good writers and material out there who won't fukk it up.

Hell Raimi was fine until they decided they wanted to shoehorn Venom in. :snoop:

Look at the Batman clunkers until Batman Begins. It can be done.
I agree as well to an extent
Into the Spiderverse is one of my favorite movies. I couldn’t believe sony actually let the film come out.
I feel like when they let their creators actually do their thing the movies do well. When they put their hand in the pot shyt happens

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Its actually funny that Sony is bullying Marvel around a little bit
They can actually claim that we won a Oscar doing our version of Spiderman
Everyone said Sony lost that last negotiation with Marvel after they split up for a couple of months
But it seems to me that Sony told Marvel you can use him but only if you legitimize our universe
Now it looks like the Sinister Six is all coming from Sony thus making all the og Spiderman movies cannon

And the multiverse was actually an idea to put to film from comics when Sony did Spiderverse which won the Oscar..

Now they also doing Spiderverse again with a part 2 and now live action

People gonna have to cope with all these good ideas being from Sony

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
And the multiverse was actually an idea to put to film from comics when Sony did Spiderverse which won the Oscar..

Now they also doing Spiderverse again with a part 2 and now live action

People gonna have to cope with all these good ideas being from Sony
The spiderverse movie idea started when the comic book came out.

If you read the sony leaks they wanted a spiderverse movie with just Toby and Andrew but it fell through

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Lol i just found this too
In newly leaked documents from Wikileaks, we are made privy to an agreement established by Marvel Entertainment and Sony Pictures Entertainment, the studio that currently owns the rights to Spider-Man for movies. A licensing agreement was created between the two entities in September 2011. In the agreement, Marvel stated mandatory character traits for the web-slinger in future films. They are as follows regarding Peter Parker/Spider-Man:

• Must be male
  • Full name is to be Peter Benjamin Parker
  • Must be Caucasian
  • Must be heterosexual (unless Marvel changes his sexual orientation at any point)
  • Cannot smoke tobacco
  • Cannot sell/distribute illegal drugs
  • Cannot abuse alcohol
  • Cannot have sex before the age of 16
  • Cannot have sex with someone younger than 16
  • Must not use foul language beyond what is considered PG-13
  • Must not torture
  • Must not kill in defense of himself or others
  • His parents become absent from his life at some point during his childhood
  • Upon losing his parents, Peter was raised by his Aunt May and Uncle Ben in New York City, NY
  • He must gain his powers in either middle school or college
  • He attends, or had attended, high school in Queens, NY
  • He attends, or has attended, college in New York City, NY
  • He is to be raised in a middle class household in New York City, NY
  • His powers and abilities are gained from being bit by a spider
  • He created the iconic red and blue costume/outfit for Spider-Man
  • The black costume/outfit is a symbiote and NOT created by Parker

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I agree as well to an extent
Into the Spiderverse is one of my favorite movies. I couldn’t believe sony actually let the film come out.
I feel like when they let their creators actually do their thing the movies do well. When they put their hand in the pot shyt happens

We gotta remember that all studio execs interfere to some extent. Sometimes good, some not so good. When they miss, its ugly. When they hit, crickets.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't agree. They def can do it again. Too many good writers and material out there who won't fukk it up.

Hell Raimi was fine until they decided they wanted to shoehorn Venom in. :snoop:

Look at the Batman clunkers until Batman Begins. It can be done.

And then after the backlash of 3, they said you have carte blanc and backed the Brinks truck up for he & Tobey....before saying it would be cheaper to start over.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I said it in the Spiderman thread but ill say it here too: Marvel makes the creative decisions for the spider-man movies. thats on record, that's said by multiple parties, including people on set who do set visits and who gets interviewed.

Kevin Feige, the ruler of the world, executive produced the first four spider-man movies. So it makes all the sense in the world he would bring in things from that universe that he helped create.

So this idea that Sony is bullying them or that they're putting their peanut butter in Marvel's chocolate is foolish and silly.

Also this:
Y’all all bytching while Sony and Disney laughing at the bank and most of y’all nikkaz will still watch