fukk a ps portal or steam deck. Backbone is legit.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
I know PS remote play isn't flawless on a damn phone and steam link is trash

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know PS remote play isn't flawless on a damn phone and steam link is trash
Honestly it’s pretty good.

I was playing remote play on my ipad in Maine on hotel wifi, while my PS5 was back home in New York and it was pretty smooth.

Like I said in another thread I wouldn’t ever play any fighting games or shooters on remote play but single player games are perfect for it.:hubie:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Honestly it’s pretty good.

I was playing remote play on my ipad in Maine on hotel wifi, while my PS5 was back home in New York and it was pretty smooth.

Like I said in another thread I wouldn’t ever play any fighting games or shooters on remote play but single player games are perfect for it.:hubie:
I tried it on a laptop before. I was playing Lost Judgement, and it seemed smooth until I did a rhythm minigame and missed almost every beat

I wouldn't even play games like DMC or Nioh on remote play

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I just use my iPad Pro and a dual sense when I travel.

You get all the haptics and what not so it’s like playing native.

And the iPad pro oled screen is gorgeous

I got a PlayStation Backbone in the summer so I could play emulated games. It felt flimsy and too small initially. :dame: However, once I was able to position the paddles in like the middle of my palms, it was much better ergonomically speaking.

Then there's the joysticks where their range of motion is limited. I got some $5 joycon caps from Amazon, popped em on there and the difference they made was immediately noticeable. I was playing Spyro and I was having a real tough time changing direction at full speed without those caps on. When I put them on, I could move like a pro for the most part.

And you're right about the haptics. They don't come from the Backbone itself, but the iPad, which is renowned for having outstanding haptics. I have a Pixel 7 which also has great haptics. The dual sense's haptics come from smartphones I believe so you get all the same vibrations. Obviously they're weaker but they're there. You feel them through the Backbone.

The triggers have a limited pull but they are analog which is good. I also tried the Gamevice Flex which is very difficult to find. The triggers are console quality as are the joysticks. They're legitimate joysticks not the little rinky dink joycons. I didn't like the face buttons because they had a dome shape compared to the PlayStation style. I would say that that controller was actually better than the Backbone if not for the cheaper and not as sturdy construction. But on sale for $70, I would recommend the Backbone without hesitation. Plus the newest one allows you to use cases just like the Gamevice Flex.