FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For people here that take Fin and have no side effects, was it always like that, or was there an adjustment period in the beginning where you may have had side effects for like a week or two, and then they just went away as you kept taking the pill and your body got used to it?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
All I know is he need to go back and get a new treatment plan or just shve it all off.
what would that do? he probably had a weak donor region and I suspect he was not done balding when he got the procedure hence it was too early. he has even less to harvest from now. Notice how the front of his FUE transplant is still solid. those are the parts that he probably grafted the most as the back of his head was not fully bald yet.

you don't need to go back to the clinic just for them to tell you to use fin and rogaine.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Who did Tory’s transplant because damn.
I think Tory one of those dudes that definitely should be on Finasteride if he’s not already.

I guess it could also be a combination of stress too over his legal issues but damn

or maybe he can't take fin?

finasteride was made to treat enlarged prostates. rogaine (minox) is blood pressure medicine

being drug depended to maintain a hairline for the rest of your life is kinda nuts but hey...

Finasteride (Proscar) is used alone or in combination with another medication (doxazosin [Cardura]) to treat benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH, enlargement of the prostate gland). Finasteride is used to treat symptoms of BPH such as frequent and difficult urination and may reduce the chance of acute urinary retention (sudden inability to urinate). It also may decrease the chance that prostate surgery will be needed. Finasteride (Propecia) is also used to treat male pattern hair loss (gradual thinning of the hair on the scalp, leading to a receding hairline or balding on the top of the head in men.) Finasteride (Propecia) has not been shown to treat thinning hair at the temples and is not used to treat hair loss in women or children. Finasteride is in a class of medications called 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. Finasteride treats BPH by blocking the body's production of a male hormone that causes the prostate to enlarge. Finasteride treats male pattern hair loss by blocking the body's production of a male hormone in the scalp that stops hair growth.

:hubie:

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
@TradePascalSiakam I’m thinking of getting smp since my barber does it. Are you satisfied with it? What are your thoughts :lupe:

My hair grows but has faded around the crown as well as my hairline. I would get it strictly for the hairline. I’m not sure if I gotta go bald before getting smp?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
@TradePascalSiakam I’m thinking of getting smp since my barber does it. Are you satisfied with it? What are your thoughts :lupe:

My hair grows but has faded around the crown as well as my hairline. I would get it strictly for the hairline. I’m not sure if I gotta go bald before getting smp?

nah you don't have to go bald to get smp, SMP is perfect for density
example
SMP-Hair-Density-Results-Before-and-After-Scalp-Micropigmentation.jpg

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
nah you don't have to go bald to get smp, SMP is perfect for density
example
SMP-Hair-Density-Results-Before-and-After-Scalp-Micropigmentation.jpg

The after is on the right?

If so that’s not bad.

my barber charging 3500 and I told him what y’all said about that being expensive and he claims that’s cuz other folks doing smp aren’t actual barbers.

he did say he’d charge me 2500 tho, but I think he saying that cuz he know that’s the normal rate.

also if I do this do I rule out ever having waves again?

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone do just Minoxidil, Nizoral, Dermarolling, but exclude Finastride (Propecia).

I know that most people say side effects are rare, but it's not just the impotence possibility. I'm not trying to get "man boobs" as well. Any of y'all experience them temporarily?

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Anyone do just Minoxidil, Nizoral, Dermarolling, but exclude Finastride (Propecia).

I know that most people say side effects are rare, but it's not just the impotence possibility. I'm not trying to get "man boobs" as well. Any of y'all experience them temporarily?

Without finasteride you're not dealing with the underlying problem and will unfortunately continue to lose hair.

Nizoral is meh.

I remember reading a thread about somebody on a hair loss forum who dermarolled his scalp literally every day. He completely regrew his hair. But he was also on finasteride.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Without finasteride you're not dealing with the underlying problem and will unfortunately continue to lose hair.

Nizoral is meh.

I remember reading a thread about somebody on a hair loss forum who dermarolled his scalp literally every day. He completely regrew his hair. But he was also on finasteride.

Appreciate the reply and I know that's the ongoing idea that everyone agrees with, but I just thought possible impotence was the only serious side effect. I just learned today about the possible boobies, and there was that thread on Reddit today about some guy that said he thinks he has calcium deposits in his nipples. What's even worse is that some of those side effects are irreversible. General knowledge is that side effects only happen in a small precent of people, really small percent, but...(I wouldn;t wanna deal with anything like that).:picard:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
is there a difference in going American / Canada hair transplants vs Turkey?

also it looks like Turkey mills have much more experience because they see more people . I see black celebs goin to Turkey too

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The after is on the right?

If so that’s not bad.

my barber charging 3500 and I told him what y’all said about that being expensive and he claims that’s cuz other folks doing smp aren’t actual barbers.

he did say he’d charge me 2500 tho, but I think he saying that cuz he know that’s the normal rate.

also if I do this do I rule out ever having waves again?

breh go to the best in your area forget your barber

and yeah you can gave waves breh