Cap
Ironman
Black Widow
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Nova
Hulk etc.

Don't have to comment on them all just generally speaking if you can. Thanks.
Marvel just keeps rebooting incessantly and and they've done two civil wars in recent years. Hulk is dead now for some reason, Cap America is on the bad side. Iron Man got replaced by riri but before that the writing was mediocre and so on. It seems like they've put less effort in the comics then movies now

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Marvel just keeps rebooting incessantly and and they've done two civil wars in recent years. Hulk is dead now for some reason, Cap America is on the bad side. Iron Man got replaced by riri but before that the writing was mediocre and so on. It seems like they've put less effort in the comics then movies now

yep, I think the main reason is a lot of the talent jumped ship and went to dc?

I personally love the diversity and giving new characters a push to a certain point.

but bruh, I have no idea how they thought this new marvel now can keep people interested. They went too far and fukked with staple characters and bread and butter series.

they went 100 when they only needed to go 50.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yep, I think the main reason is a lot of the talent jumped ship and went to dc?

I personally love the diversity and giving new characters a push to a certain point.

but bruh, I have no idea how they thought this new marvel now can keep people interested. They went too far and fukked with staple characters and bread and butter series.

they went 100 when they only needed to go 50.
I'm saying. Casuals are not going to pick up books when they don't know which character is which anymore. Some are dead, some they've just forgotten about (Daredevil?). They've been all in on the movies and fighting with fox for years. They need to decide if they've in to make comics or just another division of Disney.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
i don't think casuals were going to flock to the comics as much, it's an insular medium with too much baggage, but multiple timelines (still?! Secret wars should've ended this), multiple character variants, and lack of depth in story telling don't help at all.

why would a casual muhfuka care about Inhumans when you've blatantly denutted the Xmen which, aside from Spider-Man & avengers (which they also screwed up) was the casual fans hook, with a half assed Inhuman push is :mindblown:.

I can't tell if fault is with Perlmutter pissing on disney or Alonzo/Bendis.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I'm saying. Casuals are not going to pick up books when they don't know which character is which anymore. Some are dead, some they've just forgotten about (Daredevil?). They've been all in on the movies and fighting with fox for years. They need to decide if they've in to make comics or just another division of Disney.

That's really Marvel's problem right now, IMO. And has been since the Iron Man movie blew up.

They push comics that tie into their movies in the hope that people who enjoyed the movies will buy the comics.

Then everything that WASNT a movie property, they changed.

While they have had some EXTREMELY good books (Ms. Marvel, Vision,), they've alienated a HUGE chunk of their long term fans.

It's like they didn't pay attention to what happened at DC when they rebooted.

Folks that care about continuity, that's been reading comics for 5, 10, 20, 30 years? That follow comics like die hard women been watching soap operas since 1953? The CORE readers?

We ain't wanna see that shyt.

And I DO understand that movies and TV are their bread and butter right now, but if you got no comics, you really got nothing.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's really Marvel's problem right now, IMO. And has been since the Iron Man movie blew up.

They push comics that tie into their movies in the hope that people who enjoyed the movies will buy the comics.

Then everything that WASNT a movie property, they changed.

While they have had some EXTREMELY good books (Ms. Marvel, Vision,), they've alienated a HUGE chunk of their long term fans.

It's like they didn't pay attention to what happened at DC when they rebooted.

Folks that care about continuity, that's been reading comics for 5, 10, 20, 30 years? That follow comics like die hard women been watching soap operas since 1953? The CORE readers?

We ain't wanna see that shyt.

And I DO understand that movies and TV are their bread and butter right now, but if you got no comics, you really got nothing.
Exactly. What will happen to their movies if they don't keep their source material alive. Look at the last X-Men movie... people hate it. Fox doesn't follow the comics, and it feel apart. But X-men comics have been rebooted so much, does it matter? Why kill the Hulk, I get his movies didn't go off but he's probably the second or third most popular character historically. Marvel needs to refocus and go back to roots.

I didn't even think New 52 was as bad as this. Nuperman was never given a chance from the outset by older fans.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i don't think casuals were going to flock to the comics as much, it's an insular medium with too much baggage, but multiple timelines (still?! Secret wars should've ended this), multiple character variants, and lack of depth in story telling don't help at all.

why would a casual muhfuka care about Inhumans when you've blatantly denutted the Xmen which, aside from Spider-Man & avengers (which they also screwed up) was the casual fans hook, with a half assed Inhuman push is :mindblown:.

You're right.

Casuals don't pick up comics because of movies/tv.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm not even an inhumans hater but just like Carol they're in everyone's face now. It's a bad look.

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I didn't even think New 52 was as bad as this. Nuperman was never given a chance from the outset by older fans.

Nah, it was everything else.

It's one thing to soft reboot, which DC does every 5-10 years. Cool.

But to throw 75 years of history away and replace it with sorry ass recreations of characters with different history?

DC changed it back with the quickness.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I'm not even an inhuman but just like Carol they're in everyone's face now. It's a bad look.

right, and it's only really bad because of poor mandates and story telling.

the Inhumans could've absolutely become that 3rd faction, right beside Xmen, with a competent team. But nope, marvel had to kill momentum for the casual audience by upsetting the hard core.

kind of the same thing with Carol. How amazing would it have been to have both Carol, Monica, and Kamala main a book? Hooking everybody up and building a base all 3 characters could use:yeshrug:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
right, and it's only really bad because of poor mandates and story telling.

the Inhumans could've absolutely become that 3rd faction, right beside Xmen, with a competent team. But nope, marvel had to kill momentum for the casual audience by upsetting the hard core.

kind of the same thing with Carol. How amazing would it have been to have both Carol, Monica, and Kamala main a book? Hooking everybody up and building a base all 3 characters could use:yeshrug:
Yup. The Inhumans showing up in everything while logan is flabby and sick and most of the x men has upset customers I think the all female book would have worked with Carol as a a mentor and team lead, before making her Tony's rival essentially.
Nah, it was everything else.

It's one thing to soft reboot, which DC does every 5-10 years. Cool.

But to throw 75 years of history away and replace it with sorry ass recreations of characters with different history?

DC changed it back with the quickness.

Well that and the fact DC doesn't like being out of step with the movies. Fair enough thought, erasing superboy and going with the "Lois and Clark" backround probably rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I think Rebirth is amazing imo. Marvel should takes notes.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The heroic age, GTFOH :heh:

At least when DC reboots its a dope ass event event like flashpoint or final crisis.

New 52 Shazam >>>> fake Captain marvel