Fruitvale Station is gonna be the next classic Black movie

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Just finished watching it. Wife clearing her tears.

Really enjoyed this. Always a welcome change from the constant action/comedy flicks that I usually watch.

Michael B. Jordan did a great job playing both sides, especially the loving father/loving son role. :sadcam:

The whole train station scene had my heart racing :sadbron: I didn't know about this story beforehand, feel like I was living under a rock. Will have to read up on it now.

:wow:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I got a chance to see the film last night and MAN, that was a real ass movie :wow: Bein from the bay made this film really hit home. So much of this movie I could relate to. The places in Oakland, Frisco and Hayward I know like the back of my hand. So to see them film on Bart and thru the same streets where I have been a million times pulled me into the film even more.

I appreciate the fact that the directors kept the vibe and raw elements of the bay (the dress, slang, music and culture was represented correctly.

This shyt was sad tho. I don't think it was a dry eye in the bulding at the end. It was almost eerie in the theater because everybody just sat there frozen as the credits rolled.

I'm glad this movie was made mainly to demonstrate that Oscar was a human being and not a piece of trash that was thrown away by Bart police. Great film brehs :to:

I dont know why I watched this today new years eve :to:

shyt got me :to: and
rampage-jackson-vs-door-o.gif

at the same damn time :to:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Just saw it an hour ago...

I haven't cried in years man but, I cried when he was laying on the ground and spitting up blood, talking about his daughter. I cried when his mom had to look at his dead body. shyt was just fukked up to watch.

The tall bald headed cop wanted to hold Oscar's hands and comfort him when his ass riled up the situation to begin with. Asking the other cop (who shot Oscar) why he did it like he wasn't instigating everything up to that point, pulling nikkas off the train and beating on them. You may not have shot Oscar but, you played a part too muthafukka :ufdup:

11 months, B. People doing 20, 30 years for murder and he did 11 fukking months :pacspit: You thought your gun was a taser nikka???? You confused that heavy ass black steel gun with that yellow plastic taser :pacspit:

And that white boy. He started the whole fight and probably went home that night and laughed about it :pacspit:

he wasnt white.. he had 4 dots near his eye and is from south hayward.. prolly mexican and norteno and you'd get that work in the bay callin a norteno a white boy :whew:

Daps
i cried like a baby :to:

movie came out on dvd tuesday and i finally got to see it....

Damn, i really tore down brehs, i wont even front man

when they showed him get shot, saying he had a daughter and then i lost it seeing his daughter floating on his back with the sad music playing and his mom being just like my mom always worrying about my safety.

i never cried that hard to a movie ever, CRAZY ASS shyt

i had to hug my daughter right when it was over, dawg

be a dad to your kids, brehs :to: :to:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
movie came out on dvd tuesday and i finally got to see it....

Damn, i really tore down brehs, i wont even front man

when they showed him get shot, saying he had a daughter and then i lost it seeing his daughter floating on his back with the sad music playing and his mom being just like my mom always worrying about my safety.

i never cried that hard to a movie ever, CRAZY ASS shyt

i had to hug my daughter right when it was over, dawg

be a dad to your kids, brehs :to: :to:
i hadnt cried like that since the green mile... :to:

Daps
i hadnt cried like that since the green mile... :to:
Yeah this was a good movie because it was like it was made for our generation.

The social media, worldstar, youtube generation, the same black people who do have mini families in their 20's strugglin to make rent and such but still all around generally nice people then its just over in the blink of eye.

:to:

TheIsleofMan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the plus side

When came on, i was rocking haha It was weird too because there was nothing but old white people in the theater haha

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Watched this joint last night.

Great movie.

didn't cry

but very sad

:mjpls: What did y'all think of the creepy-ass last scene with the baby Mama & daughter naked in the shower together?

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
been waiting to catch this flick for a while...

whilst impressed, think some of the movie was unfairly dramatised (and i'm saying that as a black man)

the scene with the white woman in the grocery store - fiction. only added to support the positive opinion of homie
his mama's birthday happening the day before - fiction. see above
throwing the weed in the sea - fiction. see above
the dead dog scene - fiction. see above

there's no doubt that was a star turn by my nikka wallace, but i wish the writer/director hadn't gone so hard with the positive treatment of oscar's character. nikka was a petty thug, keep it 100. don't feed us this schmaltzy, saccharine sh1t with dude rolling around like the patron saint of the community as it just devalues the movie IMO

a young nikka lost his life over some bullsh1t, period. regardless of the type of cat he was, that fact remains. whether he was portrayed as a gun-toting gangsta or a nikka saving cats from trees my view on the atrocity of that act wouldn't have changed. but as i said before, movie should definitely be heralded as a sign of a major up and coming talent. jordan owned that role. here's hoping he manages to stay relevant and gets the roles his talent deserves. remember watching tate as o-dog and being similarly blown away only for his career to stall and be fed weak tv sitcom scraps for the rest of his career
That's cool and all but it's definitely NOT true for the majority of the audience. :yeshrug: