Fruitvale Station is gonna be the next classic Black movie

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
i dont know if i can watch this again. i queued it in netflix but the reaction I had in theaters was something I never had off of a movie before. Especially with the shyt that has continued to happen after I originally saw it :to:

i feel ya breh, im bout to try and watch it after the Cavs/Hawks game, when wifey sleep just in case i :to:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Forgive me brehs, I'm late af on this. Had it on my netflix list for about half a year and just got around to it.:snoop: Kept telling myself I didnt wanna be sad.

shyt is powerful. Jordan did a good job, but I'm extremely impressed with what Coogler has done so far in his short career. To go from this, straight to Creed, and now a Marvel movie. I'm expecting great things from him in the future.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I've watched this movie 3 times over the last 2 days.Thought is was OK the first time but I've liked it more each time I saw it

Wallace killed his role for the most part.Him constantly saying bruh was annoying but I understand that's just how some nikkas are,kinda like how a lot of east coast nikkas used to say yamean or yamsaying after every fukking sentence

Getting 11 months for killing a black man tho :snoop:

Shows you just how much the system values us....Michael Vick did more time for killing some fukking dogs
Movie gets better the more times I watch it as well.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I finally got around to watching, it basically highlights the pathetic country that we live. This movie had to be made to humanize a man that didn't even need it, anyone who watched real video should have known it was wrong. White people basically needed this movie to understand that killing an unarmed black man was wrong, they needed ancillary things like seeing him with his family, his daughter, him trying to turn his life around to have some empathy and not side with police.

You didn't need to humanize Oscar, he was already that before this movie, but the majority in this country don't view us as humans. 11 months for killing a man....11 fukking months...... shyt is honestly infuriating.