From The Desert To Salt Lake And Beyond On Ice: Official 24-25 NHL Season Thread

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Quebec is dying hockey wise. Even US states like Minnesota and Michigan are producing better players these days.

I have seen articles and threads that basketball is getting more popular in Quebec especially with more players getting drafted in the NBA. NHL better be careful imo, Bettman still arrogantly believes hockey is the unquestioned #1 sport. I think it will be for now (10-20 years), but the more costs to play increase and demographics change, hockey hold may lessen in Canada imo.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I have seen articles and threads that basketball is getting more popular in Quebec especially with more players getting drafted in the NBA. NHL better be careful imo, Bettman still arrogantly believes hockey is the unquestioned #1 sport. I think it will be for now (10-20 years), but the more costs to play increase and demographics change, hockey hold may lessen in Canada imo.

Basketball is gettin real big in Quebec. The Raptors were in Montreal for a preseason game last week and held alot of events across town which were all well attended. It's so much cheaper and more convenient to put kids in basketball rather than pay a fortune for skates, pads, and icetime. The rise of the Canadian National Soccer Team along with the kids who grew up on Ronaldo and Messi have also made soccer another competitor to hockey.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Vancouver's power play is still absolute trash. Tocchet didn't change anything with it over the summer.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I went to the Habs game tonight. The atmosphere from start to finish was incredible. It was hands down one of the best sporting events that I’ve ever been to.

Watching the game live gave me a new appreciation for Lane Hutson. He’s so smooth and makes everything look effortless. The fact that he’s only 20 is ridiculous.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I went to the Habs game tonight. The atmosphere from start to finish was incredible. It was hands down one of the best sporting events that I’ve ever been to.

Watching the game live gave me a new appreciation for Lane Hutson. He’s so smooth and makes everything look effortless. The fact that he’s only 20 is ridiculous.

I love their jerseys. :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Demographics shifting as well. Most people in Toronto now are foreign born. Basketbsll and soccer will be the top sports going forward

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Georgiev is :scusthov: . Avs are already not a deep team, but with bad goaltending, they might struggle to make the playoffs unless they have major moves