From 1985 to 1989 the FBI blamed Jamaican gangs with over 1400 homicides

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
They didn't “blame” them for anything, they rightly pointed out their role in the destruction of the black American community, they just left out specifically how the CIA did it using the Freemasons.
I recall this article from a while back.

"A series of expose articles in the San Jose Mercury-News by reporter Gary Webb told tales of a drug triangle during the 1980s that linked CIA officials in Central America, a San Francisco drug ring and a Los Angeles drug dealer. According to the stories, the CIA and its operatives used crack cocaine--sold via the Los Angeles African-American community--to raise millions to support the agency's clandestine operations in Central America."

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
Are they going to leave out the part that the CIA funded these gangs with drugs, guns and tactical training :sas2:?
From this old article they were involved since the early 70s, but her debate is ongoing...

“The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the anti-war left and black people,” Mr Ehrlichman said in the 1994 interview."
[...]
“We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes… and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

In 1970, Nixon signed the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act; three years later he set up the US Drug Enforcement Administration, naming drug abuse “Public Enemy No 1”.

Richard Nixon used America’s ‘war on drugs’ as excuse to target ‘anti-war left and black people,’ claims former aide

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps

Not to derail the topic, but this information seems to be unknown to mos. If anything it goes to show how complicated this is:

A version of this article appears in print on Jan. 13, 1985, Section 1, Page 1 of the National edition with the headline: CHINESE ORGANIZED CRIME SAID TO RISE IN U.S..

''Asian organized crime will end up being the No. 1 organized crime problem in North America in the next five years,'' said Jon D. Elder, Chief of Police in Monterey Park, a town where a local supermarket is built to resemble a Chinese palace and the streets are lined with shops like the Golden Shark Restaurant, Ma's Acupuncture and East-West Real Estate".
[...]
"But a Chinese-speaking F.B.I. agent recalled visiting one of those games a few weeks ago. When he went in, he conceded, there were only a handful of old women playing mah-jongg, even though he had to pass through three steel doors."

CHINESE ORGANIZED CRIME SAID TO RISE IN U.S. (Published 1985)

Tariq was right these tethers are the ones committing these crimes :mjpls:
I do recall Tariq mentioning/ bragging about FBA gangs and gangsters from the early to mid-19th century.

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
According to this article they were responsible for 2,900 homicides in a 5 year period :dahell:

deadly American criminal organization. Between 1985 and 1989, Jamaican posses were responsible for over 2,900 homicides nationwide (OCDETF data files, 1990). Jamaican posses were responsible for 1,094 murders in 1988 and ?
That could mean the causalities include them getting killed in conflicts too. Maybe I'm wrong. But you had blocks and areas that weren't just letting takeovers happen unopposed. Right? :lupe:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Jamaicans literally went to war with residents in Dallas hoods during the crack era

I’ve even heard stories of them throwing grenades into a south Dallas apartment complex

This what I was talking about. The reported says more than 20 Jamaican Drug Dealers had been killed, and showed a dead Jamaican dealer on the floor. That 1400 or 2900 number includes the Jamaicans getting murked themselves. :hubie:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I mean I don't really want to get into a diaspora war since we have black American gangs on that same time now but this same exact shyt was happening in Miami at the same time.

Fortunately just like NY, there was already a huge 2nd/third world immigrant population. Between the Haitians, Black Americans, Cubans and smaller groups. There was no possible way they were able to carry on like that for long.

But yes I know this is new to people but Jamaicans DEFINITELY were on crash dummy time when they first got here.
This is how Miami imported that style to Atlanta and other parts of the Southeast.
The BMF show, turned the Miami Boys into Haitians from what I've heard. But it was a mixed crew of Miamians, I think.
BA's, Bahamians, and some others.

I may be wrong.

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
That could mean the causalities include them getting killed in conflicts too. Maybe I'm wrong. But you had blocks and areas that weren't just letting takeovers happen unopposed. Right? :lupe:
For detailed information you can look at this site. You can search by region and the amount of casualties. If correct they have articles linked to the incidents.

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
I haven't' watched the whole thing yet. I was just taking the time out of my (BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!! :blessed:🥳 ) day to show why it might be worth a watch.
Have a nice day and continued success in life.

Last edited:

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
Some folk ain't ready for that convo and still believe in flat Blackness.
It’s a very important conversation, but I don’t think one should generalize all Jamaicans or Caribbean descendants. Though it’s evident a certain section does exist and they shouldn’t be ignored either.

Btw, are you saying Tookie Williams is Jamaican, or has a Caribbean background?

Tookie Williams recruited young boys from grouphomes, and introduced the to gangs as we came to known them.

Are people suggesting Ricky Donnell "Freeway Rick" Ross is a Jamaican as well?

I recall Tariq criticizing Tim Dog (Timothy Blair born in Atlanta 1967) and called him a Jamaican, because he made the song F-Compton. This particular song questioned gang wars at the West Coast and called for the ending.

Last edited:

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
Jamaicans literally went to war with residents in Dallas hoods during the crack era

I’ve even heard stories of them throwing grenades into a south Dallas apartment complex

Interesting report. It probably explains why gangsta rap became so prevalent during late eighties early nineties, in east coast hip hop.

I recall a few scenes Luke Cage (Netflix tv series). Obviously it’s a tv show, but the scenes with Jamaican gangs are reminiscent of that time.