Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
:usure:

There's no way you didn't hear Thuggin before the album dropped breh. we don't believe you you need more people

I swear Thuggin came out before Chronic 2001. That's how long the wait felt :russ:

:dead: that's a fact

En garde, I didn't hear it until the album dropped :hubie:

fukked me up when I saw the 2 year gap between release dates

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
En garde, I didn't hear it until the album dropped :hubie:

fukked me up when I saw the 2 year gap between release dates

wg7Roa5.png

How did you manage that? Did you try to avoid it so you could hear the project in it's entirety or were you just indifferent to Gibbs?
Also between "Thuggin" and the album he dropped "Shame" and "Deeper". And "Deep" and "Terrorist" were on those singles....so did you never hear those songs?
5FnLmgK.png

Fred.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
wg7Roa5.png

How did you manage that? Did you try to avoid it so you could hear the project in it's entirety or were you just indifferent to Gibbs?
Also between "Thuggin" and the album he dropped "Shame" and "Deeper". And "Deep" and "Terrorist" were on those singles....so did you never hear those songs?
5FnLmgK.png

Fred.
I heard the rest of those after the fact :pachaha:

Back then I was juggling a little bit of Gibbs with other shyt I was listening to....I just never got around to peeping his work with Madlib until the album dropped :manny:

classicmaterial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
:usure:

There's no way you didn't hear Thuggin before the album dropped breh. we don't believe you you need more people

I swear Thuggin came out before Chronic 2001. That's how long the wait felt :russ:

I asked him to his face when Cocaine Pinata was dropping back in January of 2013 and he said "this summer"

So by that math we'll be getting Bandana in 2021

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
I'm interested to see what direction he goes with this album. we definitely might be getting deeper pt.2. Erica finally left my nikka, Gangsta Gibbs:mjcry:. The first episode of her podcast she talked how she meet a nikka through tinder that drove mini cooper that blew her back out :russ: . Gibbs must have been at home like :picard::sadcam:. I hope that doesn't mean there won't be anymore Dana Williams collaborations. Now I think about it his relationship drove his last 3 musical projects (white range on pronto, shadow of a doubt and you only live2wice).

Last edited: