Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
For instance on Drake's Furthest Thing song, I always thought the second beat should have been it's own track and he should have put another verse on that beat. He wasted that beat!

I agree!

Jake One dipped into the gospel bag on that one. I'm not a big Drake fan but that 2nd part is a joint by him that I enjoy listening to.

If you're interested Jake One explains how he made the beat here

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Doom said in a interview about madvillain that he wrote around the beats so its probably already there.I think the song he was talkin about was americas most blunted. Maybe it depends on the beat.
I see, I hope one day I could meet madlib and ask him that in person. That would be a dream for real lol.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I agree!

Jake One dipped into the gospel bag on that one. I'm not a big Drake fan but that 2nd part is a joint by him that I enjoy listening to.

If you're interested Jake One explains how he made the beat here

Yeah, I remember seeing this before. Jake One murdered that beat man and Drake should have used it for a full song imo.

It's crazy he didn't.

Political Gibbs :wow:

Gibbs don't care for Asap Rocky at all lol.

He could have chose another tweet to reply that way too lol.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Bruh that's been going on for several years now.
I can name a few off the dome within the last few years

Vdon: Eto, Willie the kid, dash, Willie the kid & Eto

Alchemist: curren$y & Freddie Gibbs, Jay worthy, curren$y, boldy James,

Lndn drugs: curren$y, left brain

Harry fraud: meyhem Lauren, curren$y, smoke dza

Dj Muggs: meyhem Lauren, roc marci, Eto, Mach hommy

Pretty much anything Griselda records is usually 90% producer by daringer
Phryme...

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
This is a beautiful album. shyt feels real cinematic, like I'm listening to a movie. I can let it play fully through with no skios, but currently, I cannot take "Practice" off of repeat. That's one of the smoothest songs I've heard. That sample and Fred's effortless flow is something else. And as much as I loved Pinata, I think I'm just a sucker for that smooth, soul, almost kaleidoscopic like sound. This nikka transitioning into another level right now between this and Fetti; like Kobe going on that 10 game 50+ streak or whatever it was.

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Album is damn near flawless. Told myself I’m gonna put it on the shelf and went right back to it on Sat (was at the Fat Beats store in LA and they were playing it there) went right back to it and it’s been on repeat again since. I’m not gonna put it ahead of “Piñata” yet but this is a excellent album and may surpass it for me down the road