Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA

VS

1.jpg

hustle-cast-photo-yaya-1200.jpg

You gotta be stupid to throw away a good, rich girl who held you down while in prison and had a kid with you to knock up a stripper. Smarten up Kane
:francis:

YOU SAY NO TO RATCHET PUZZY, FREDDIE GIBBS CAN'T:snoop:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Just finished this album....Was not expecting this at all:wow: I liked Piñata but this one really hit for me! The production, beat switches along with Freddie doing his thing, was nice! This album felt weird to me production wise but was fresh as I got to hear Freddie spit on so many levels. Really brought out his versatility here. Without question, my favorite hip-hop album of the year so far.

Daps
What does the future hold for you guys? You’re working on a third album, right? Madlib, are there any other rappers you think would sound good over your beats?

Madlib: Send the Migos my way! Tell them, Madlib will make them sound funky! I’d like to work with Gibbs until he’s 60 – so long as he’s really with it and doesn’t pull a MF Doom, I can’t find that dude anywhere! I would also like to make an album with Pusha T (who appears on “Palmolive” along with Killer Mike) and this new rapper called Chris Crack from Chicago, he is insanely talented and we’re both like-minded.

I also got to record some songs with Mac Miller. We were going to make an album, but weren’t able to finish it because of his passing. That was my brother! I’m not sure if I can just put out the songs of someone deceased, as we would need permission from the estate. We will see on that, hopefully.

I’ve got thousands of hours of music people haven’t heard yet, so we’re going to launch a subscription service with Rappcats so people can hear it all. I got a bunch of jazz stuff coming too, featuring a lot of the new artists, which will be more like “Shades of Blue”.

Freddie Gibbs: We have another album in the hole. Once that drops, I want this trilogy to sit there in history. Honestly, the next Madlib project might be my last album, period, as I want to go out on top so people remember me as one of the greats. I see a lot of rappers living out of this game and I don’t want that to be me. I want to go out when my pen game is at its sharpest: look at André 3000, he’s not made anything new in years, but he is so lethal, he doesn’t need to. Maybe I will stop making albums and become an executive or a president of a label, and just do the odd feature.

Breh madlib said he wants to make an album with Pusha T :damn::damn::damn::damn:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Me too:why:
Let that shyt ride out....you aint gotta do a beat switch on that

I felt the same way when I first listened to Cataracts. The more I listened to this song, the less I didn’t mind the transition as it still flowed smoothly for me. Freddie didn’t even lose a step when it switched, which was amazing! More than anything, it showed how Madlib and Freddie are so in tune together with how this album is supposed to sound and feel.:wow:

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
You gotta be stupid to throw away a good, rich girl who held you down while in prison and had a kid with you to knock up a stripper. Smarten up Kane
:francis:

YOU SAY NO TO RATCHET PUZZY, FREDDIE GIBBS CAN'T:snoop:

Damn Kane, say it ain't so
:snoop:

:francis: Our boy Gibbs really rapping how he living

"Runnin' through a hundred bytches, who I'm doin next?
And my girl at the crib, got her own
She don't need a dog nikka like that
It be a hole in my motherfukkin' soul if see another nikka wife that'

Said she would visit him in jail in Europe and bring him books since none of the books there were in English:francis:

:salute:Erika was a real one, she could have easily been spiteful instead she
"put me out the crib and tell me to come back home tomorrow
When I got caught the fukk up, she hit me with the ultimatum
You need to come home with your daughter, nothing more important than your baby":wow::wow:

:dead::dead:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Maybe I’m hearing wrong but did Freddie take another shot at Jeezy on Crime Pays?

It was more a shot at the people around him dikk riding Jeezy when he got signed to CTE. Somebody Gibbs used to be cool with bought Jeezy some shoes and then asked Gibbs for the money for them. Gibbs was like :camby:

Fred.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps

Myke at @13:109 raises a good point about production. Some say the beast seem like they crafted for Freddie

But like Myke I think its more Madlib sucked(pause:dame:) Freddie into his world

Daps

This happens more than y’all know mann it anit about his girl having more money and all that. It just man shyt being greedy and living that lifestyle. This why I’m not going to say what I would and wouldn’t do in somebody else shoes. I heard in the Angela yes podcast say that he would be willing to do an open relationship so hopefully he learned from his mistake. A lot of men aren’t a one women man ...it’s just nikkas don’t want to admit that to women ...and themselves.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man what an album... Cause fred stepped up big time. Lib went OD with the beat flips though, some were NOT good and not needed others were FIRE. A lot more modern sound from Lib, and better flow and bars from Fred.
THAT SAID...
Pusha killed him in Palmolive, and what's worse they talking the same subject matter too. Looked bad for Caine, cause Able bodied him.
Cataracts 2nd verse :whoo: short, simple to the point. First verse is nice too.