Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
The thread is huge so don't know if it's been posted or not

Freddie Gibbs Unpacks "Bandana" Favorite "Situations" On "Between The Lines"

On Between the Lines, we look closer into some of our favourite songs to find things that maybe we didn't notice the first time around. Gangsta Gibbs decided to look into "Situations," telling us that this track, in particular, shows exactly what he was trying to prove on the entire body of work. "This album was basically like a manifesto for me. I was saying a bunch of shyt that I probably shouldn't have said," said Gibbs with a laugh. "I made some people mad but they'll get over that shyt."

In order to get into the right mood, Gibbs says that he was bumping Bone Thugs' song "Days Of Our Lives," which is one of his personal favourites. He says that before getting locked up, he was messing with that one song heavy and it inspired him to come out with "Situations."

:banderas:

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
Album of the year so far me. Has been getting full replays since it dropped.

I still think Piñata is a step above but they delivered the same quality on this without chasing the same sound/style.

i think this blows Pinata out the water, Pinata had so many wack features (danny brown, ab soul, g wiz, basically all on the last track)

classicmaterial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
i think this blows Pinata out the water, Pinata had so many wack features (danny brown, ab soul, g wiz, basically all on the last track)

Yeah I had to chop multiple verses off Cocaine Piñata. Didn't have to do anything to this album for it to be good except add a song

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
In order to get into the right mood, Gibbs says that he was bumping Bone Thugs' song "Days Of Our Lives," which is one of his personal favourites. He says that before getting locked up, he was messing with that one song heavy and it inspired him to come out with "Situations."

:banderas:

:ehh:

Bone in their prime :wow:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Ah, goddamn, I'm callin' Lam'
MoneyGram, go send the bail, I'm in a jam
In the jail, I'm in the cell, can't see the fam
Say my prayers, alhamdulillah, no bacon ham
Bacon ham, and cold salami, that's all they serve us
Stomach hurtin', the devil working, but I ain't nervous