Fox Reportedly Unhappy With Josh Trank's "Mess" Of A FANTASTIC FOUR Movie

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's their own fault for letting it go as far as it did before realizing what it became. Stepping up Thing's appearance to a cgi look, giving Doom his comic book portrayal, and casting actors who look older than 15 yrs of age I thought would've been obvious starting points for a retool. Gathering some classic FF comic arcs and picking the most feasible one(s) to adapt again, while assessing all that went wrong in the execution of the previous two films (from critics and fans) would've been the next logical step.

But i guess the director must have gave em one hell of a sale's pitch or sold em the wolf ticket of all wolf tickets to have them think pushing aside any likeness to the actual franchise outside of the title and character names wouldn't be an unnecessarily risky (at best) if not down right dumb idea.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i said this was a Chronicle 2 script revised to be a FF script the second it was announced. im really pumped to just see something from this pile of dogshyt. im rooting so hard for it to suck, but i really want to see it

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Disappointing, but I don't really care what studios think about superhero films. They've meddled in and ruined enough of them for me to dismiss their rumored opinions.

That said, I didn't love Chronicle as much as most people.

If it is a disaster though, Trank can probably kiss his Star Wars spin-off gig goodbye.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
WHY would u make a Marvel movie into a found footage ish movie anyway? :dahell:

You know now that i think about it this might MIGHT actually turn out to at least be...an interesting film. Think about how boring ANOTHER traditional origin story would be, the found footage angle might add a layer of originality to it. Not saying it won't turn out to be a turd, and all the news so far has been disheartening to say the least. But i did enjoy Chronicle and who knows, this could turn out to be something other than terrible.....

:stopitslime: Nah it's gonna suck

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ain't this the dude that turned Doom into a hacker or some shyt?

Who the fukk sat there when he first told them that, like :blessed: "great idea breh!" :what:

And now months later they're like :lupe: "maybe this isn't such a good idea". :camby:

Fred.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
They're wasting the DOOM character, who is marvels best IMO. What a shame.
This is why I believe Doom needs his own stand alone origins movie from his rise in college to him meeting Reed Richards to him talking over Latveria... then have the Fantastic Four movie start where Doom's movie end with him gaining Diplomatic Immunity

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
This is why I believe Doom needs his own stand alone origins movie from his rise in college to him meeting Reed Richards to him talking over Latveria... then have the Fantastic Four movie start where Doom's movie end with him gaining Diplomatic Immunity

IMO:

The only reason the fantastic four are even interesting as a team is because of how good of a villain DOOM is!

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Simon Kinberg contacted LR to clear some things up.

To confirm - Fantastic Four will be doing 3-4 days of additional photography with director Josh Trank and some key cast members. We are very excited about the film and can't wait for you to see what we've been up to. And you will be able to do that very soon as I can confirm here that the teaser will be on Kingsman in theaters February 13.