Four More ‘Avatar’ Sequels Dated Through 2023

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel the same way. And I just saw the leaked teaser too for Avatar 2 (see below).

It looks..fine...I guess. I mean I'll go see it for sure. Cameron was an inspirational director to me in my youth. But like...this just looks like a PS5 game to me. Everything is style over substance with Avatar. All his movies are visual eye candy and thrive on action set pieces, but the stories in Terminator, Aliens, Abyss, T2, True Lies, and even Titanic are dope.

I honestly don't remember a single character name from Avatar, and it just felt like Dances with Wolves or Fern Gulley. It's fascinating to me that Cameron has spent so many years (and will spend so many more) on Avatar.

He already did all that other shyt as good as it's ever going to be done so I would rather see him perfect Avatar since it has clear issues that he can actually improve on. Avatar is god-tier visually, if he can land the characters and story it can be right there with his old shyt as being GOAT'd.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
leaked trailer is just a teaser but I expected something better. Looked like deleted scenes from the first film. But I trust Cameron is saving the good shyt for later in the year.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s the story behind that?
Back in 98 The Phantom Menace trailer was attached to the movie Meet Joe Black.

Word was that folks would just pay to see the trailer and not even stick around for the movie.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Definitely ain't reaching the numbers of the first film.
Part 2 needs to hit 1.5 billion but that may be considered a failure considering the original is currently at 2.8 billion. This flick cost 250 million supposedly but it's probably more like 500 million if not much more actually i think i read it'll cost 1 billion to make all the sequels. So to just hit a billion isn't gonna cut it.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Definitely ain't reaching the numbers of the first film.
well its the 1st (or 2nd now?) highest grossing film of all time.. so that seems unrealistic anyway.. but would you really consider that a flop if it doesnt hit #1 all time in movie sales?

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
well its the 1st (or 2nd now?) highest grossing film of all time.. so that seems unrealistic anyway.. but would you really consider that a flop if it doesnt hit #1 all time in movie sales?
I don't see it doing a billi.:manny:

No hype. No gimmick to carry it. The world has moved on to super hero movies.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could be wrong. But right now, there's literally 0 anticipation for it.
You're not ever going to see anticipation for Avatar in the way that you would for the MCU, Star Wars, or DC. Avatar 2 could make 5 billion and when the trailer for Avatar 3 drops it'll probably still feel like there's very little anticipation. The main characters are giant blue cat people, their superpower is hair linking with animals, and the conflict mostly revolves around how humans are pieces of shyt when it comes to preserving the environment. It's a big budget David Attenborough documentary. The content of the franchise just isn't hype inducing like that.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Movie looks no different to the last one.

This might even be a flop. Like what reason is there to watch this?

The first movie came out before the MCU was big and pumping out a movie every 3-4 months, the same with WB and their superhero movies. More importantly there were no other semi-decent movies out when Avatar was released for about a 2-3 month period. So if you wanted to go to the theater for whatever it was best to just watch Avatar.